close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Electric Starter

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by bmffishing247, Feb 26, 2005.

1. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

i was thinking about adding an electric starter to my 1988 9.9 evinrude has anyone ever done this before. it dosen't look to hard but wondering if anyone has done this. also i was thinking about adding an exstension to the lower unit so it would be a long shaft. i am not sure if i will have to do this. i just got the motor and never had it even on my 16 ft starcraft. any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    jesse

2. sjm

sjm middle aged

i dont know about electric start but i just changed my 9.9 1989 johnson to a short shaft it is not that hard to do you just have to get longer driveshaft 20 to 25 inch what ever you need mine was a 25 in you also have to extend your watertube but a longer shifting shaft and a extention for your motor not much to doing the labor but it can be a little expensive it costs me about 200.00 to buy my parts to shorten mine well good luck and i hope that helps you out if your interested in taking it to a 25in i have what you need.