close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Electric Motor

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by CDL, Jan 5, 2009.

1. CDL

CDL

I'm trying to make a rod dryer but I'm having trouble finding a motor. Any body have any suggestions on where to find one or someone near Marysville I can find a cheap/free microwave to scavenge?

2. Jann's Netcraft in Toledo has just the motors. They have a website that has a lot of rod building tools. I've made a rod dryer out of an inexpensive grill rotisserie. That worked pretty well since it had a nice and slow rpm.

3. Hey CDL, are you talking about the blower motor ???? I scavenged one off an old microwave a long time ago and it's your's if you want it. Let me know.
    Tim

4. CDL

CDL

Hey Tim. Thanks for the offer, but I meant the motor to keep the rod turning as it dries. I'm not going to worry about building a whole box just yet until I figure out if I'm any good at it.

I built a wrapping stand a few days ago and ordered a kit and a motor from Jann's yesterday, so hopefully by this time next week I'll have my first rod built.

5. Inexpensive rotisserie motor for a BBQ grill work well. I've used one for years.

6. CDL

CDL

So I got the replacement motor from Jann's thinking I could wire it to a dimmer switch to control speed. That didn't work at all. It only turns when the dimmer is all the way on and only at full speed. Anybody have any ideas on how to control the speed? Unfortunately, I'm not an electrical engineer

7. I use a the motor that is for a rotisery [sp?] on a grill. Works good for me.

-CFL