Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
I bought one of the Bubba Pro series lithium-ion knifes this spring after talking to a friend that had one. It is hands down the best fillet knife I’ve ever had. The thing I like the best is, it never gets hot to hold onto, no matter how many fish I clean.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I would go with one of the rechargeable ones over an electric…beats running a cord and gives you the opportunity to go mobile…either way you won’t be disappointed

·
Registered
848 Posts
If you are good with a regular knife & dont fish a lot you can do pretty well with a regular knife plus most people end up with more meat. If you are pressed for time & have a lot of fish to clean electric works nice. For me any way I like a regular knife to clean big fish, its hard on many electric knives sawing through those big bones.

·
Registered
889 Posts
If you are good with a regular knife & dont fish a lot you can do pretty well with a regular knife plus most people end up with more meat. If you are pressed for time & have a lot of fish to clean electric works nice. For me any way I like a regular knife to clean big fish, its hard on many electric knives sawing through those big bones.
Thanks you answered my question

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used a Mr. twister for yrs. I found it didn't work well on the larger wally's . went to the Bubba don't know if it's the blades or the knife it's self but it's far better. side note the Mr. Twister blades work in the Bubba.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
American Angler also makes a very nice electric knife and is less $$$ than the Bubba. Using an electric is like anything else, as there is a learning curve. You'll mess up a few, but IMO it is exponentially faster to get through a big batch of fish vs. using a standard filet knife.

I have a cordless Rapala now, but the American Angler that I had for about 10 years was an awesome knife. The Rapala was a gift, but the cordless feature is definitely a nice feature. It is not nearly as strong as the AA was, but it still works fine.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The newer American Angler is not the same quality as the older model. I have a Rapala also the HD model I think, the Bubba is far superior to either one, no comparison IMHO. I have wore out a number of electric filet knives & the Bubba is the best yet. It depends on how many fish you clean & what you want to spend. I doubt if you find many electric knives of any brand in a commercial fish cleaning facility.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I have the cordless bubba, this is my 2nd season on it. I have used the corded version and they do have a little more a$$ but I have never felt like I needed more power. I have pretty much done 50-80 fish a week last year from April through Dec and this year March til now. I would definitely buy another when that time comes.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Are you electrified guys cutting through rib bones and then scooping them out or fileting around them? I'm trying to learn before I go electric.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Are you electrified guys cutting through rib bones and then scooping them out or fileting around them? I'm trying to learn before I go electric.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk
Yes right through them leave skin attached at tail, cut out ribs, run knife under fillet to skin, comes off 2 pieces ribs and boneless fillet.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts