close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Electric Fillet Knife ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by brian101571, Aug 2, 2005.

1. I want to get an electric fillet knife and was triing to decide between the "Mister Twister 110 volt only" or the "Rapala travel with 12 or 110 volt".
    Any input would be great. Thanks Brian

2. I've got the rapala and love it. I have only used it on walleyes though. I don't remember the price difference when I bought mine but the 12 volt option on the rapala sold me, can use it on a boat, plugged in, or hooked to a vehicle or a battery. I wish I would have bought one sooner. Saves me a ton of time.

3. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I use the "Pirana" saltwater series by Mr. Twister. They're a little more expensive but I feel it's a little more rugged then the regular model. I've heard good things and bad about the 12/110 volts models.
    Swantucky, how long will the rapala run on a charge...???

4. H-n-B, its not the cordless model its the corded one with the 3 power source attachments. The cordless was 20-30 bucks more and in my expirence with cordless tools the batteries don't last that long as far as life (not run time) and are real expensive to replace if you can find the right one.

5. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

You did mention being able to attach it to a car battery. I had heard some complaints about the cordless models not being able to hold a charge long enough if cleaning say a bunch of panfish or perch. Thanks for the info.

6. 6 eyes dont even put a dent in my batteries. During the river run I charged mine once a week, and I fished mon-friday. I got the cordless one so when I'm at the marina and they have a cleaning station and no power source I can still use it.

7. Irish, for as many eyes as you get down at the river you could go a whole spring without charging your batteries!!! Now if you were cleaning all the suckers, carp, buffalo, ducks, and undersized fish you caught then you would need a corded knife! ha-ha Just given you a hard time, thanks for turning me on to the electric knife.

8. Thanks for the info. guys. I think I leaning toward the rapala.

9. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I have the Rapala model that runs off a car battery or plug in the wall outlet. It may work OK for small fish but it's a real dog on those Erie Eyes. Iv'e only used it a few times and I'm ready to get rid of it and get a electric Mister Twister. Just my 2 cents

10. Yeah I knew that was comming :rolleyes: How is the movie star buisness going :confused: :D