close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Electic Razor Question ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zfish, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

I still use disposible razors. I have pretty sensitive skin and always walk away bleeding even with the good disposables, shaving cream all sorts of things that I've tried and seems like I always come away with a couple nicks from trying to shave too close.

I had one of the razors with the 3 round blades years ago but I didnt care for it and was thinking of one of the ones with more of the straight head.

I keep seeing these commercials for the Braun series and I've heard good things in the past but are they worth the 150 to 250.00 range or will a 60 to 100 electric shaver do the same job?

Also are there any home remedies or tricks that anyone has to share? I know it's a weird question to ask but I'm tired of nothing working well.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Grow a beard! Problem solved! :)

3. Zfish

LOL.... Actually about 5 days is as long as I can go without shaving otherwise it bothers me so much I cant sleep... I dont like the feeling of a beard. Although good option :D

4. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

There is always nair or hot wax :D

5. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Dude-you cain,t cure ugly!It goes clean to the bone! Iv,e seen better lookin' mud fences! You is UGLY! I,m talkin Gorilla cookie-coyote ugly! I,m talkin scarin' off bats! SASQUATCH ain,t got doody on you as far as hairy ugly goes! You scares the feesh away! Now me, I,m just flat out injun' handsome!
    And your,e goin bald! Hahahahha! Ain;t no bald injuns! Ha! stop screwin' around in Colorado with those limp wristed perch jerkers and lets catch some O H I O monster cats! Jeeze, 5 months down and countin bud! Told ya youd be back befors ya knoz it! Way I got it figurd the fish outta be sponin and we,ll be rippin some lip! Of jeez, I got the Coloradobilly slang. I gotz a weedeater that outta do nice on yer ugly mug! Nah! I,ll save ya some K-MARTS bags. 3 aughtta do it! Hey, werent yuz on that there DE-Liverance movie pickin' a banjo? Yep, I thought thats waz yer kinz foks. LakeWaider

6. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Pixtur of zfish giitn ready to shave ! Raider

Attached Files:

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Zfish, I've no experience with the Braun, but I first tried the straight Remington electric razor and it chafed me terribly!

I next tried a Norelco triple head and I've been using them now for over 30 years. My current one is only 2 yrs. old and cost just under $90.00.

They have updated their screen design so you might want to reconsider them also. Good luck. !% :B

Or maybe your good buddy 'raider's ideer of the weedeater will werk fer yo.

8. DO NOT get a cheap one!! Braun is the best as far as I'm concerned. But if you get a weedeater, get an Echo!:D

9. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Ruminator, now I'm just the opposite. I have tough old leather skin. I use the Remington electric and it has worked great for me. I bought it at Sam's for I think -80.00 dollars.

Zfish, every one's skin is different. You may have to try a few shavers out and see which one works best for you. I say save your money, go for the beard or a goatee. You have to let it go for more than a week. The itchiness will go away

ZZ Top

Attached Files:

10. Zfish

Thanks for the imput so far... Well except for Raider LOL You can just dismiss him as he's getting old and losin it. Maybe he's wrecked too many boats in the past and it went to his head. :D

11. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

i had to learn the hard way as well.

if you can wait 1-2 days between shaves if your skin is that sens.
    you get a better cut and it wont irritate as much.
    the less i rush the less damage to my face....do easy and dont press...just glide

12. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

Personally I can't use electric shavers. All I need is a Mach3 and when I am done I have to have Nivea. That stuff is worth every penny!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  13. Zfish

I agree that works very well.

Zachtrouter,

The reason I was thinking of getting an electric shaver is because the Mach 3's add up pretty quick :) Figured if I can get a good shaver that wont tear my face up then over a years time it may actually save money

14. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

Good luck Zfish I havent found a electric shaver I like yet. The Norelco I have does the job but it leaves my neck itching and with razor bumps. I know the Mach3's could cost you a small fortune but for me it's worth it for the shave it gives.

15. Zfish

Thanks man.

The problem I have isnt really my face but really my neck so it sounds like we're in the same boat. I'll let you know how this turns out at the end. I'm seriously considering a braun in the next few weeks.

16. I'll tell you what I do.....I used to get so cut up I'd look like I had a run in with Freddie Krueger. I bought one of those Gillette Mach 3 or 4 - whatever the 4 blade ones are now. Anyhow - Buy one of these and then get yourself a little container to keep in your drawer with a lid. Fill this container with alchohol and when you're done shaving - rinse it off then dip in this container and put away. I shave in the shower, so I 've got to remember to get it out and do this every time and NOT keep it in the shower, but back in it's little case. The alchohol prevents your razor from RUSTING - which is the reason it gets dull!

I've had the same blade in my razor for going on 6 months now - NO LIE - and it's as sharp as the day I put it in. NO KIDDING! the little moisture strip is long gone, but that's worthless anyhow.

I can't stand electric razors - they tear my face up bad and don't give a close shave like regular razors do.

You guys all need to try this - I"m telling you it works! I actually got a (don't laugh) pee cup from the dr's with the screw on lid and it works great. It's spill proof (duh) and has a nice lid on it - so I don't have to worry about the alchohol spilling in my drawer.

hope this helps you guys! I know I was going through a blade every 2-3 shaves and was costing me a FORTUNE! Now I haven't bought any in over 6 months! I did forget my blade in the shower one day and had to replace the head sooner than expected - but that was my own fault!!!

17. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

NewBreed just said a critical thing when using an electric razor!

Do not press down, just lightly move it over your beard.

Any electric one will burn the snought out of you if you press too hard with it. :eek:

Skarfer, I bet your lid is a pyramid. :D :D .... (Just kidding) recalling the experiments of the past that did keep an edge on a razor stored in a little pyramid. :D

18. cw261

cw261 Member

Skarfer-

Thanks for the tip - I'm going to give it a try - seems like blade prices have really gone up lately.

19. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

I use the mach 3 stuff and i could never see using one for more then 3-4x at the most. you can def. tell a difference in a new cartridge.

I just bought an 8 pack for $17
    Those companys really have ya cornered

20. i heard of a razor a while back that was sapose to last for years because the metal had been frozen or somethin like that anyone remember this it was on the news