Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
florida ice fishing
14,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had told you guys earlier this yr that I would rate the ego s2 slider after my trip to erie in july. I had forgotten all about doing this until I read the post about net recommendations.

well I used the net for 2 weeks and I just love the ego s2 slider. I did get the larger 23x27 net and I got the 48x108 handle. there is a learning curve to using this long handle. this net isn't rated for the long handle so you need to net the fish then push the button and close the handle. I had no problems at all getting use to closing the handle. and the 108" handle sure made it nice netting the fish with longer leads on my harnesses. they don't sell the net outright with the 48x108 handle on the larger net. it sells with a 29x60 handle. but I contacted them and told them I would give up any warrenty if they would send me the 23x27 net on the 48x108 handle and they shipped it to me.

the only problem we had with the net was the head came loose one time. then I tightened it back down with a little more force and it never came loose again.

I still cant compare the s2 slider to the Beckman because I have never used the Beckman. but it is all the net you need for lake erie eyes. however I do wish it had a little bigger net. the 23x27 is great for most fish but when we brought in a 30+ fish the net looked awful small. but it landed all the fish just fine. and during the 2 weeks we fished we landed a lot of nice 26+ fish and had 5 fish pushing 32" and landed them just fine.

the bottom line is I would highly recommend the s2 slider to anyone. and if you like using long leaders you might want to think about the 48x108 handle with the 23x27 net. just remember to close the handle before lifting the fish. and its real easy to open and close with the push of a button. you can check them out and contact them about getting the larger net with the long handle. and remember I gave up my warranty to get this combo.
egos2slider.com
sherman

·
retired pipefitter120/669 sprinkler fitter
1,384 Posts
Thanks Sherman my friend and I have been discussing this net, I don't need a new net but could use a spare. I might like it good enough to replace my old net as a second

1 - 3 of 3 Posts