close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eflmr

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Buffdaddyfish, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Hello all, thought I posted this the other day but it didn't take. I was out the other day close to my house in Batavia on the EFLMR. Was fishing a section between Batavia and Rt 50 off of 222. It was very hot outside and I was trying to relax a little for it was also my wedding day! Not only was my wedding day phenominal but I also got an extra gift with the fish I pulled out of this body of water on that day. I decided to take off my rebel crayfish and scale way down to a very small jig and grub outfit. Right away I caught 2 dinks, nothing to brag about. I was only out for a half hour and decided before I went I would make one more cast (as you fishermen know just one more cast in our book means at least another 10+ minutes!). I was working solme current in about 3 feet of water and all of a sudden WHAM. I was fighting with her for a minute and when I saw her in the water I she looked so dark I though I had caught a nice sauger.......Got her head out and realized I had hooked up with a beautiful smallie....Man was i excited! Got her to the edge of the weeds and reached down and got her. I did not have my camera on me and my cell phone that does have a camera on it was about to die. I sat her next to my back pack and she was longer than it was, had some nice girth on her too! I estimate her between 3-3.5 lbs since I have caught a few in this area that size but mostly off of buzzbaits or live, and none in the heat of the day. I have been reading many posts lately about anglers catching some good fish in this weather so I know it's hot but if it is helping us catch more, I say bring it on! What a perfect day though as my wedding and reception proved to be amazing and that coupled with the fish made it even more enjoyable. Fish on everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this....there are a lot of great fisherman and women on this site!

2. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Congratulations on the great fish! Hope the new wife is a keeper too.

3. Thank you.....the wife is amazing! She is very cute, works out with me, fishes with me, catches bait, puts it on hook, takes her own fish off....Did I mention she was beautiful? I will post a pic sometime on here but I am a lucky man. Thanks again!

4. congrats on the marrriage and the fishing. my wife doesn't fish much with me but she does keep the kids for me when I go fishing.

5. iteech

iteech Shebasser

Woman here! You fellas who have great wives that ALLOW you to fish should thank them sincerely--your kids and your home are half yours...that means something. The ones who have wives that go with you are doubly blessed--and the ones that have wives that go with you because they LOVE to fish are the kings of the world. I've been on this forum a long time, and you guys are so great--never have I been offended or put off, you are true gentlemen. You have no idea who reads this forum--I know many children do, and I wouldn't hesitate a minute to let my grandsons read it (they do). Now hug those wives and say THANK YOU HONEY.:)

6. ITEECH, You are right.....to have such a woman is a blessing and she does love going fishing with me. I agree, I am not saying I don't have a potty mouth every now and then, but this forum keeps it clean and the majority of people on here are very knowledgeable, willing to help, and good people. I love this site! Hope to meet some of you while I am out sometime. I am sure I have seen a few of you here and there in passing. Tight lines all!

7. Congratulations! Sounds like you're a blessed man. What a great day!
    I also have a wonderful wife who loves floating/fishing and just getting out on the river. She helps me to not take this all too seriously (as I'm prone to do) and to keep it all in perspective. My biggest joy is seeing her face as she catches a nice fish (which is all of them to her). Good times and good memories.
    May your lives together be the greatest of adventures with many tight lines.
    Todd

8. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

No doubt you have it good, if I had gone fishing on my wedding day I would not be married today..........shoulda gone fishing.........JK I also would not have the wonderful little guys either. Nice fishy to boot. S

9. Is that by the redbarn in downtown batavia

congrats on the wedding the 9 was my birthday