close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

EFLMR in the "ole" days

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Buffdaddyfish, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Alright all, I live by this river (east fork little miami) and wanted to know some history on it....while fishing for cats last night at the lake, the woman asked me about the lake and the river and I told her it was built in 1978( I was born in 79) but I didn't know too much else. I would really be interested on what is in that lake....I heard there were homes underwater there, cars, etc.......also, what was the river like before the lake was put in? I talked to a guy a few years back and he was telling me he use to bust some real nice smallies on a regular basis in this river. I can only imagine because I have pulled up some nice ones myself. Any insight, stories, etc will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

2. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

In the river valley where the lake is, were some gold mines that did not amount to much.

3. rblake

rblake What?

4. Yeah I have been to that site before, thank you for sending it anyway though, much appreciated! I was just wanting to know some inside history to the lake and river, if fishing was better back then on the river....I am sure some people don't want others to know what kind of structure is in the lake but I have heard of houses being in there, cars, other stuff....etc......I heard about the gold mines too! There were several of those in the area and I know of someone who still pans in one of the local creeks off of Belfast Rd...don't know how they do but there was history of gold in a few local creeks way back when which is pretty interesting. Anyway thanks for the info to all!