Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! My family and I are just getting into kayaking and we were wondering if there are some places in the Milford area on the EFLMR to put in and take out. Looking to do 3-5 miles if possible. I know the LMR has plenty of access on it but I figured the EFLMR would be a better body of water to start my kids out on in terms of kayak fishing in “flowing” water. They’re doing pretty good in lakes so I’d like to gradually work them up to the bigger, faster water. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey folks! My family and I are just getting into kayaking and we were wondering if there are some places in the Milford area on the EFLMR to put in and take out. Looking to do 3-5 miles if possible. I know the LMR has plenty of access on it but I figured the EFLMR would be a better body of water to start my kids out on in terms of kayak fishing in “flowing” water. They’re doing pretty good in lakes so I’d like to gradually work them up to the bigger, faster water. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
You might appreciate this link.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...q8oDreZK-M&ll=39.40740811440223,-84.12023&z=9

·
Registered
289 Posts

East Fork is going to have a lot more down trees and sweepers. Can put in by the elementary school, quite a long carry for the yaks.

Think you are better off just going on the LMR honestly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Opiedog! I do appreciate that link. Looks like there really isn’t anything I’m looking for in the Milford area according to that map. That’s a bummer but hey what can ya do?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
East Fork is going to have a lot more down trees and sweepers. Can put in by the elementary school, quite a long carry for the yaks.

Think you are better off just going on the LMR honestly
Thank you TopRaider15 for the advice. I guess I assumed the EFLMR would be better because I always drive over it on Milford Pkwy and it looks so calm. But you might be right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts