Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started the weekend off with fishing for hybrids with House at EF got a few decent ones house got a big LM and figured out a pattern for the 12-15 inchers. Once house got the pattern down I came over and pay laked him and probably got 15 or 20 of them, so much fun, those guys fight like all get out.

I have been working on a system for fishing hybrids and it worked out pretty good Friday morning got three using my system.

Sunday night House called about wanting to hit EF again, after all the pleasure boaters left I fine tuned my system and boy oh boy it was rocking the hybrids for me these were huge, my personal best 26inch 8 lbs 13oz. Every time I look over at House he had one on. It was a good night and House just takes some dam nice picts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Man that is one serious fishery. Well done guys. From what I hear 8lb plus hybrids are rare out there. You seem to have crackes the code. Im very envious. Either your sandbagging kayakwars or you quit cause that's a yakload of points.:D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
Dude I forgot all about kayak wars. How are we doing? Nice day on the water fellas.
We'd be doing a lot better if you still went fishing with me, jerkface!!! :mad:

Sean - It was taking forever to upload individual pics and all that jazz and still find time to edit photos and post reports. I chose OGF :p

I'll post a report about the last few outings on the LMR and EF. I've had some great trips including this one with Smitty. I'd like to say that I've got the stripes figured out, but Smitty is on freaking FIRE out there. Every time I look over my shoulder he's got a bruiser on the line. I think he cheats with his 20 foot kayak...it's got air conditioning, a shiatsu massage chair, wifi, and a livewell big enough to hold a bunch of fake big hybrids in it...wait a second...

SMITTY!!!

:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
You guys are the kings of the lake when it comes to fishing...

Just dont catch a fish like i heard a guy do the other day ...

It tipped his boat over ..... ohhhhyeah!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly luck has a lot to do with it, when your fishing out of a yak you can only hit so much of the lake. it really does help to have some fake hybrids ready to go just in case i cant find them. ;)

Nubes you need to fish and take some of the stress off. :)

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
More pics! The last picture of Smitty is my favorite of the year!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well done...... I fish EF once a wk or so.....but have never targeted hybrids......your pics motivate me top give it a whirl.......nice catch

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Boston I will tell you my system, I start by trolling two types of crank baits one deep diver and one shallow runner using my fishfinder I troll until I locate the hybrids. I then troll threw them if they don't like trolling cranks I stop and start using a slower moving bait.
Now the hard part is finding them some people will say they are in such and such depth I find these beasts move, I have found them suspended 10ft in 80 ft of water and less then also less then 5 ft depth. hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts