close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Educated guess on the price of Gas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KSUFLASH, May 7, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I about fell off my truck seat when I seen $1.91 for low grade gas today. I fill up 3 times a week due to traveling a distance too and from work. $75 a week times 4 weeks a month, means some serious money just in gas. Its almost worth living closer to where I work. Now my question is, why is it getting to be ridiculous to pay this much for gas. I don't watch the news or CNN or MSNBC, or any of those other political shows, so someone tell me why we have armed forces over in a country that produces so much oil, yet me the working man has to pay so much. Put a U.S. flag in the ground over there and call it the U.S.A. I am sick of paying so much for gas. Then too add to the frustration, my boat motor drinks gas like it's water.

flash-----------mad-------------------out

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

touchy subject, but bright side is....i have to pay 1.93.

3. catking

catking Banned

I filled up for a $1.76 a gallon today. That is a miracle :rolleyes: mrfishohio is right. They jack it up to a $1.90 something, then drop it to a $1.70 something, and you think it's a deal :rolleyes: A barrel of oil hit the $40 a barrel today. CATKING

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Yup this is crazy, its like they condition us to think that 1.70 is reasonable when in reality is not, on the other side of the spectrum we could be paying a heck of a lot more like other countrys do... either way its a shock on anyones wallet given how much we rely on it.

Gosh flash, 300 bucks a month on gas, thats rough!

5. wait till we get closer to memorial day, gonna see some tough times. I drive for a living, and word is that these prices are just getting started, might get to around 3 bux a gallon before summer is over. I hope not as me and my wife both drive about an hour back and forth to work each day.....I feel your pain

6. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

what is it in germany and other countrys over there like 5.00 a gallon, but someplace like kuite its like 3 cents a gallon, if they would just take some of the tax off it we would be back around 1.40 :cool:

7. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Catkink, I ain't saying you are misquoting Mr. fish but I said the same thing on Mar. 15 on the other website.

What's my point you may ask, not sure but if you are quoting me, I am honored! If not, then Mr. Fish you are right on!! :D

I did hear the other day that all the oil companies are reporting double digit profits for the quarter. Who's surprised at that.Record Oil Company Profits

And if any other company uses the supply and demand tactic and charges above and beyond doesn't the gov't step in and call it gouging or something. There is a law that prohibits this right? Why would the oil companies be any dif. Oh well, guess I gotta get a moped.

Bill

8. the price will rise as long as we pay............don't see us stop driving any time soon though. Taking the taxes off gas isn't gonna make a bit of difference, just more money the government gets from us later.

J

9. Flash, I'm in the same boat as you. I commute from Kent to the Cleveland Clinic everyday. Thats about 90 miles a day and I have to be there 6 or 7 days a week. I can't wait until I get out of my current lease so I can move a reasonable distance from work.

I am forced to choose between buying gas or fishing equipment, and I tell that just ain't right.

Steve

10. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i really can't beleive our govt.is allowing this kind of price gouging.it goes up on thursday then back down on monday.WHY???????now i'm not the most educated person in the world but if that isn't dirty business and politics,i don't know what is.
    what would the boys in d.c. do if another business(on a nation wide level)did the same thing?let's say that all of the hospitals across the country decided that on thursday morning they were going to charge 20% more for all of their emergency room services because that when patients are using their facilities the most.then on monday,when things slow down,they drop their fees back down to normal rates.
    the boys in charge of things in the capitol would DEMAND an investigation.but,since the oil companies have sooooooo much influence in d.c. the govt. allows it to go on.
    i'd bet my bottom dollar that when the campaign get going full steam that the prices will go down.but that's just a little bit of opinion!

11. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Funny how the gov't regulates cable tv prices for a few years to end their price gouging but they won't do a thing about this gas price situation.