close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Educate Me on Slip Bobber Fishing For Cats

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by swohioangler, Jun 26, 2007.

1. I do quite a bit of catfishing. My favorite rig is the classic bottom dead line slip weight rig. I use a slip egg sinker in front of a bead then tie on a steel leader with a circle hook on the end. Also I use a spring loaded bobber when I am fishing with live bait. Everywhere I go I see people using the pencil type slip bobbers. These bobbers usually have another bobber attached I guess to control live bait from tangling the line. I want to know in detail how these are rigged up. My main question is how do you find your depth. How do you apply bobber stoppers? Catch my drift? I want to become a more versatile catfisherman. I have been using the bobber with a brain as well. I am not sure if any of you have seen this.

2. dip

dip dip

first off there is NO logical reason to use steel leaders for catfishin. buy bobber stops at any tackle shop, knotted up mono on a tube.... run line thru tube, slip knotted line UP off tube, discard tube and tighten the knot. should come with a small bead to go between float and bobber stop. the other float they call a straw and the only place i ever saw them was at pay puddles. i personally don't see any benefit to using straws.