close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Edison on the 7th

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by AndroDoug, Nov 8, 2004.

1. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Took my canoe out to Edison in Cuyahoga Falls again to try for pike... no luck on the pike. But we did have our best largemouth day at the pool yet to date. We landed about a dozen or so LMs in the morning. One hawg went a tic under 5 pounds! :) All LMs except 2 were over 15 inches. All in all a pretty good day considering it was November! Most of the big fish were taken with white spinners in 6 fow against vertical rock ledges. Odd thing is, no pike or smallmouth :confused: . I usually do well in that department there, and catch few LMs.

There were a couple of guys doing well on carp from shore, but there were also 4 guys shore fishing off of metropark property. The Akron property is one thing, but metropark property is just asking for trouble. I sure hope insensible guys like this don't ruin public access to this already limited access resource. Makes me mad :mad: . I am starting to really like this place and it is only 5 minutes from my house! :)

2. Andro,
    May I ask where this place is? I have a kayak I like to fish from and was wondering if there's any kind of access for that? Thanks.

3. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

It is on the Cuyahoga Falls and Akron Border above Gorge Metropark. The old Edison power plant is on it's shores. It has 2 smoke stacks that are probably 400' high. You can't miss it. I PM'd you so check your messages. Oh yeah, and I can't forget, welcome to the community!