Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
PeerlessII Cleveland
439 Posts
Edgewater Marina Boat Club will be hosting the 4th annual walleye and steelhead tournament on Saturday June 16th. The entrance fee is 160.00 per boat with a 4 person 8 rod limit. 100% of the entrance fee will be paid back in prizes. We will be serving hamburgers, hot dogs, pop, and beer at the weigh in. There will also be several door prizes. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at 216-215-4637 or email me at [email protected].

Tom

Attachments

·
PeerlessII Cleveland
439 Posts
Last year there were only 15. We're hoping for more this year. The more boats the bigger the payout. We had it a week earlier last year. This should be a really good time for daytime walleye and steelhead fishing off of Cleveland.
A white walleye would be one that was obviously in the cooler before the start of the trourney. This hasn 't happened in past years and hopefully it never will.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,945 Posts
let me see if i got it. you can check up to 11 fish, 6 eyes and 5 steel. do you have seperate divisions? i keep and eat walleye but i see no need for me to keep 5 steel because i wont eat them. those go back in the lake as soon as photographed, so the steel part wont really work for me. if you have a combined, a steel and a walleye division im thinking about comming and ill fish for walleyes. just asking:D thanks

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Must a team member be at the Captians meeting on the Thursday before the tourny?
We all work evening shift on my boat and will not be able to make the 7:00 PM meeting.
Could you maybe change the Captains meeting day to a weeknd before? Or even arange for 2 meetings on Thursday?

·
PeerlessII Cleveland
439 Posts
If you can't make it to the Thursday night meeting I would be happy to meet you some other time to pick up your registration form and money. The forms and money need to be in by that Thursday so we know how many boats and fisherman we'll have for food and beverage planning. My email address and cell phone number are on the form.

·
612 Posts
Good event. I fished this last year and even edged out the local pro in some of the standings (sorry Kev...). Anyway, as long as the lake is friendly, it should be good competition. I think we boated 32 eyes last year and our big fish was just under 30 inches. Burgers and dogs were served as well. Sign up and let's make it a really good time!

Troll East and Net West

Dock Time

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,457 Posts
yeah yeah yeah, I took 4th with Tom Peerless on the walleye, it was really good fishing last year tons of walleye caught it was a good time. I am fishing the LEWT event this year so I can't fish this one, which SUCKS, I am still going to help try and get guys to enter though I want to make it a big fun tourney. If I wouldn't have taken 2nd in the lewt i would have skipped there June one to fish this one but I'm in the points race now so I have to fish it.
local pro yeah Raleigh that's a good one. LOL

·
Registered
942 Posts
I wouldn't mind fishing this one myself but our sandusky tourney won't allow it. Next year we need to work together so we don't overlap again.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,457 Posts
Yeah I know, a few other guys from WBSA said the same thing. Next year we will have to make it on a open weekend, Cleveland tourney's in JUNE are fun, expecially when it's a mixed bag tourney and both species are on fire.

I know you and your leadcore will be ready Marc!! lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
Didn't realize it over lapped. Not sure when the date was released for that one but that is why we announced our schedule in October of last year for 2007 to try to avoid this issue. With the low number of tournaments there is no reason to have conflicting dates not to mention that each event is going to pull potential participants from the other event.

Sorry to hear that there is a conflict. Since it sounds like the other event hasn't accepted entries yet and was a week earlier last year is there any chance to change a date?

Matt D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts