close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Edgewater surprise catch

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by esoxangler, May 23, 2007.

1. I was after walleye a couple of nights ago and hooked into what I thought was a really big walleye. This fish wouldn't come to the surface and tried to fry my drag for 10 minutes before I finally landed her. I had to look twice, it was a northern, 34" long and very heavy for its length. What a fish. my first Erie pike and a good one too!

2. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

pike took an esox man 10 min. to land?

snoopy pole?:D
    just kidding...great catch and thanks for sharing that one.

3. BIGHILLBILLY

BIGHILLBILLY Walleye mad man!

We had a bite off last night by something big that wanted a deep diving husky jerk bad! Dang thing bit thru my 12 lb. mono leader!

4. Last week I hooked one from in the East 55th Marina Bay, had him on the line and brought him to the shoreline, but no net. I could see it was a Northern Pike, but the eight foot lift over the steel wall enabled the fish to break 10lb test. About 20 minutes later the guy next to me broght in a 25" Northern Pike on Fireline, so the pike must be making a comeback in Lake Erie.

Kaz32

5. Were they ever very thick in Lake Erie??? I remember being out on charters listening to all the radio crosstalk and every once in a while you would hear a captain come over the net and say one of his guys hooked into something they couldnt even begin to turn, I remember them thinking it was either a Pike or a Salmon.