Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ill be going out sunday afternoon leaving from edgewater I was looking for some type of report (location, fish depth) are they still where they were last weekend nw of crib 53fow? my presentation will be dispey w/stinger spoons ... 2 more questions ... I lost a spoon last week broke from the swivel... I have 20lb from the rod to the dipsey.. what lb line should I use from the dipsey to the spoon? I was using 8lb.... question 2 what's the exact purpose to the base plate setting on the dipsey ... can someone explain in a situation ty everyones info is very helpful and very appreciative tyvm

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
For running info on dipsys, I strongly recommend looking at luhrjensen.com. They make dipsys and jets. They have technical info online that will help you.

Each dipsy has a dive curve chart in the package. It's also online. Understanding the base plate setting is critical to placing dipsys at the proper depth. Match the fishfinder readings with your depth presentation on dipsys. (line counter reels required)

Strongly recommend........go trolling with an experienced troller. You will learn a ton in 4 hours. Glad to host you on my rig....and I'm still learning.

·
The Walleye Troll
509 Posts
I would run 20# for my leader line .snap on one end good ball bearing swivel on the other end . line 5 to 8 foot long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts