Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to boat fishing, my intro is in the new members forum, and I LOVE Perch..

Going out in the morning to try and catch some Perch. This is how I set up my rods...

Is this how you guys set up? Just bought the boat last month and my sons are tired of going 'Line-wetting'. :eek: Can't really catch much from the rocks unless ya get lucky. This will only be the second time out with the boat, and can use all the advice I can get.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome aboard! We will be out perching in the morning as well, but we are heading to avon. Last I heard, just north of the crib was doing well. Also I checked and the Linda Mae out of wildwood has been doing pretty good as well. Find a pack of boats and slowly anchor up with them. If after 30 mins with no perch pull anchor and move. It sometimes takes a few moves before you find them so keep at it.

Good luck Andrew

Btw, your perch rods look good to me!

·
Eye Lander
488 Posts
When the bite is lite you might be better off with the vertical crappie style rigs. For me I lose some feeling with the spreaders. Another tip is to run braided line for better feel and less lost fish. And remember sometimes the fish are right on the bottom and sometimes a few or more feet up. Good luck. Perch fishing is lots of fun.

·
Fishing the Universe
297 Posts
Also you can try a crappie rig . Over the past 3 years we have switched over to the rigs and they do work very well. I usually have a spreader on one rod and a rig on the other...conditions can change and one setup will produce more fish. Good luck out there... nothing like perch ...FUn and furious!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts