Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished just n/w of crib from 9:15-12:15, from 54ft into 49ft. Yozuri’s off boards and spoons and shallow Bandits off dipsys. Yozuri’s were on fire, best colors were vEYErus, Yodaddy, tiger and purple leopard. Dipsys caught very few for me. Yozuri’s were 100-140 off boards , dipsys were 30-60. I ran 2.5-2.9, nothing if I went under 2.5. Boxed our 24 and threw back at least 5 or 6 others. No bugs at all!!!
Fish Herring Fish Bass Sardine

·
Banned
72 Posts
Fished just n/w of crib from 9:15-12:15, from 54ft into 49ft. Yozuri’s off boards and spoons and shallow Bandits off dipsys. Yozuri’s were on fire, best colors were vEYErus, Yodaddy, tiger and purple leopard. Dipsys caught very few for me. Yozuri’s were 100-140 off boards , dipsys were 30-60. I ran 2.5-2.9, nothing if I went under 2.5. Boxed our 24 and threw back at least 5 or 6 others. No bugs at all!!!
View attachment 363263
Nice! I was actually going to message you yesterday... went out of edgewater around 9:30. Fished 43 out to 53. All over the place. Honestly wondered if Rangerpig is out here slaying? Hahaha. first on P10 85 back, switched the program to that....managed only 2 other shorties. I always chalk up a bad day to pressure change. Lol. I'm lost this year. Working 70 hrs I get out one day and slay em, then 2 weeks later a near skunking. Notes from last year this time was nothing but limits on any program. Jets and spoons, harness, cranks. I'm embarrassed by my catch rates this season.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! I was actually going to message you yesterday... went out of edgewater around 9:30. Fished 43 out to 53. All over the place. Honestly wondered if Rangerpig is out here slaying? Hahaha. first on P10 85 back, switched the program to that....managed only 2 other shorties. I always chalk up a bad day to pressure change. Lol. I'm lost this year. Working 70 hrs I get out one day and slay em, then 2 weeks later a near skunking. Notes from last year this time was nothing but limits on any program. Jets and spoons, harness, cranks. I'm embarrassed by my catch rates this season.
First off , message me anytime , I’ll share with you what info I have. Secondly, not sure why but stickbaits are doing significantly better for me then spoons so far. If you’ve read my reports you’ll see I’ve been playing around comparing Bandits to Yozuri’s, the yozuris have been destroying the Bandits. I’m noticing the warmer the water the better they do. Message me if you need any info ! RP

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hey Rangerpig, thanks for great posts.I am interested to get some of those yozuri cranks you use.Just looked on the website for those cranks but did not see the colors you have posted that have caught so well for you.Think the Yozuri cranks are 43/8" deep diver.Some colors I keep seeing are parrot,yodaddy and vEYErus.Is there a person/site where you can get those custom colors?Thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
We caught a 3 man ticket yesterday from 5pm to 9pm. Bandits 60 to 40 back. Blue chrome was best . Speed 1.8 - 2.1. 53 - 58 fow. In my opinion the fish have moved up in the water collum. Good luck.....Goose

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Haven't been to Edgewater for years. Is there someone to collect a daily ramp fee? Or do you have to have the Metro pass or what is the process? On this Friday, will there be a huge crowd and is there plenty of parking? Heard off and on reports for Cleveland and Lorain and not sure which is better right now? Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haven't been to Edgewater for years. Is there someone to collect a daily ramp fee? Or do you have to have the Metro pass or what is the process? On this Friday, will there be a huge crowd and is there plenty of parking? Heard off and on reports for Cleveland and Lorain and not sure which is better right now? Thanks in advance for any replies.
I can’t speak about Lorain as I haven’t been there in awhile. Cleveland is on fire I can tell you that much . There is a kiosk at Edgewater that accepts a credit card only, if you don’t have a pass you’ll need to get a parking pass from it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Thanks rangerpig.I just ordered a few of those hot colors.Cant wait to try them.Thanks
First off....THANK YOU for all of the orders! Unfortunately, due to the orders I am out of stock on the YoDaddy, Parrot, and vEYErus in the Yozuri's. But no worries, I will get these out ASAP!! I strive to do same day, or at worse, next day shipping but these order wiped me out. I am into next week with getting some of these orders out. You can still order them online and I will get them to you. Please be patient with me because I did not anticipate this! :)

Thanks!!!

Kelly

·
Registered
484 Posts
First off , message me anytime , I’ll share with you what info I have. Secondly, not sure why but stickbaits are doing significantly better for me then spoons so far. If you’ve read my reports you’ll see I’ve been playing around comparing Bandits to Yozuri’s, the yozuris have been destroying the Bandits. I’m noticing the warmer the water the better they do. Message me if you need any info ! RP
Yep!!! We fished the Yozuri's all summer last year and the warmer the water got and the faster we trolled the better they did! We fished several trips last summer with Yozuri's on one side and spoons on the other side. Most days the Yozuri's out fished the spoons. Typically, the cranks will catch a better average size of fish compared to spoons as well.

Thanks guys!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts