Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is why you are afraid of the dark.:T

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a bad nite.2 fish Ohio's were included in the catch.I shall head back out about 8 am to check on the day bite.Maybe it will be less crowded than at nite.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Are they catching walleye from the rocks during the day?

·
85 Posts
Donkey,
Just curious how the day bite turned out. Thinking about heading out friday in the early a.m. for a little trolling. Had lots of "home" projects to take care of, but now it's time to fish!!!

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did not do well.I fished the same area that I fished at night.Very few marks from 40 foot to 15 foot.Was a beautiful day on lake but that does not put meat in freezer.It is hard to believe that area fills up with fish at nite and seems to go barren during the day.
Maybe Fish Crazy could help out with info on the day bite at this time of year.He cracked the nite bite wide open with his informitave posts.How about it Virgil where are they during the day in early spring?

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
they could be spread out on the near shore structure holding on the bottom. i marked some nice fish out in front of bratenahl in 15 to 25 fow.holding on the bottom half. out by the crib would be another spot and they will also be found in the perch schools.but for the most part they are spread out thin.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
Hey Donkey go out and find some fish and let us know how you do. I Struck out a few times during the day, the nite bite has been good at night tho.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been out at nite and fished in your little circle.A little too crowded for my likes.Reminded me of the 80's when the guy with the wire line was king.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
I don't understand what that means, please explain, we don't run wire and I have less of a circle than most guys out there. I think Tuesday was the most friends that were out at the same time like EVER.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was out there Tuesday also.The boat traffic in the area you and I fished was quite heavy in my opinion.I do not like going in circles with other boats so it restricted the structure I would have liked to fish.
In reference to=The man with the wire line or canon ball is king in a crossing situation where there is a lot of boat traffic and they both refuse to yield the right of way.Twice Tuesday I had to yield to another boat who thought he had the right of way. If you have the ball down or wire line out you simply let that person pass in front of you.The 80's were really ugly in the Cleveland area during prime time and is not something I would like to revisit.
The circle of friends refers to the group of boats that appeared to be following one another.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
Yeah I agree I did have to move out of people's way a couple times, or who knows since it was flat everyone was trolling in a million different directions, we did come close to one guys set of boards but we didn't have any out on the close side so we didn't feel the need to get super far out of his way, we had nothing in the water to move. , I did have a group of friends out there but there were alot of other guys, there was only 4 in my group, plus EZbite he stayed east of us though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts