Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Cleveland stadium Reef north of the Cuyahoga river.Circled it for 3 1/2 hrs to get a 2 man limit.Nice fish.Most came on copper Watermelon, small stinger,large dipsy,3 1/2 setting 50ft back.Best depth 43-45 ft.
Was a tough bite.Talked to Shortdrift he was a pickin and a grinnin when we left.;)

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They came in groups of 2 or 3 with an hour wait at one time.Marks were very scattered.Best time was after noon.Got them a lot quicker Tuesday morning.Guess I had higher expectations today.
I think I fished the same general are that you did last nite.You had them pretty well thinned out.:D
Did I say it got hot?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Big Al and myself fished the same area as you guys and had much better results in the am than pm but got bigger fish later on. There wasnt a set pattern, harnesses behind inlines, spoons behind jets and dipsys, 700s behind the dipsys. The fish wanted something different all day it seemed.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you agree it was a tough bite?

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
I was in the boat with Shortdrift yesterday getting a lesson in trolling. Im going out this afternoon for my first solo experience. He made it look easy. I bet I can make it look hard. If you see a guy out there in a Targa with lines tangled, swearing up a storm and hauling in sheephead left and right it is probably me.

·
Registered
963 Posts
hey Kevin,
our 3 best were 27, 27 3/4 and 29 1/2 but all pretty slim bellied. It was good to get out and experiment with some different things thats for sure. I tied up some spinners a few days ago and they worked well, I think that was the highlight of the day being able to get some eyes on something homemade.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,458 Posts
Dude it's awesome, I've tied up so many from winter till now it's sick, I actually tied up about 15 last night, I love catching fish on them it's great and for some reason more satisfaction when you catch on something you made. Good job on the long skinny guys, still very nice fish though. Good job :B

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Nice Job Brian and Al.....

we love them spinners.....as kevin said.... feels good when some "contraption" one puts together catches nice fish!!!!

Nice fish indeed.... i bet it felt great to get and fish Brian.... So how is your lil fish buddy(baby boy) doing....??

hopefully see ya guys out there soon!

Frank

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,458 Posts
Well healthy is the key word there, that's great Brian. yeah your right at least your off work for a little while and still got to do some fishing.

·
Charter Captain
1,211 Posts
i went out wed at 11 am.got 3 on big dipsy's 85 back with confusion. biggest was 28 1/2. had fuel problems so i sat with harness's and got 3 more in 15 min.got one more on a spoon and called it a day.my first time off edgewater and third time on the lake also first time on my new boat i got last week.thanks for alll the info from everyone it was a big help.. ill be out mon if the winds hold up

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Dude it's awesome, I've tied up so many from winter till now it's sick, I actually tied up about 15 last night, I love catching fish on them it's great and for some reason more satisfaction when you catch on something you made. Good job on the long skinny guys, still very nice fish though. Good job :B
When you gonna put some of these harnesses on eBay so I can buy a couple dozen ?????

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,458 Posts
Matt if you want a few let me know what colors beads and stuff I'll hook you up with some, I have every color bead there is, I got some hot ass stuff I've made they have been killing fish on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts