Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out of edgewater today about 4pm and fished till dusk. started out 32 fow..nothing headed out to 43 fow started getting fish right away. we were straight out from the lighthouse. 16 of the 18 came trolling east to west and probably 10 of those came off confusion scorpions pulled at 2.4 on the gps and on big dipsys 80 back on all settings. got a few on monkey puke, a few on parrot and a few on double orange crush. rough trolling to start, then it calmed down. here's the general area we got them at 41*31.310/81*44.055. started there and just kept comming back to them. here's a few photos:D

i know there's only 12 fish in the one photo but my uncle didn't stick around for photos. he took 6 and headed home.

Attachments

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
I would not wait till weekend.Take a half day off of work and go.
There will not be any fish left by weekend.:)

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
EZ, Is it standard procedure you you to run all your Dipsys with the same amount of line out?? If so why do you do that, and what do you do when one outfishes the others.

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
EZ, did you have your radio on, what channel. We were on 68 and heard very little. It might of helped if we put the dang antenna up! :D Got back to the ramp and went to put it down, and well, oh well. Next time got to remember to put it up. Our fish looked about the same as yours. Lotsa fun!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Great catch, thanks for the report. Plan on hitting them over the weekend. I hope there's some left [lol] & the weather cooperates. It's going to be a banner year for eyes, again. You gotta love lake erie.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
It was nice talking to you yesterday EZbite glad you got into some fish, as soon as it got dark I started whacking them, all over to shallow and deep speed was 1.6-2.0. 12-25 back on shallow cranks.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
nice Job EZ.. thats how ya do it !!!... Spoon mania is back!

so Kev thats why ya got in late. 1am.... what happen to just an "evening boat ride"...LOL... i knew couldnt resit droppin a few lines....LOL... good job brother!

Frank

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the kind words everyone. it was our first really sucessful trip out this year. now that all the bugs with the boat and trailer are worked out..look out erie.

i don't remember where i saw that program we ran at..humm. oh yea, thanks steve.

sorry kim, purple hair jigs only got us sheepmeat yesterday..LOL:D

jim, we started at 80 on all lines then made adjustments from there. the fish were scattered inbetween 20 to 30 feet. but as the sun went lower, the fish came higher.

fishingguy we were listening to 68, just listening. i did get to talk to Kgone before we left. he was hawg hunting. good to talk to you too Kgone:D

·
TeamOGF
6,989 Posts
Beautiful report Tom! I'm glad you had a great trip. Those are great looking eyes.:B

Now 'fess up, I heard something about eriedescent chatterbaits??! :D

- by the way, I like your puppy! We have a 100 # "lap dog" like yours also. :D Except ours is a red doby.

·
Registered
9,378 Posts
Could someone enlighten me on where Edgewater and E72 is relative to Wild Wood? I assume they are both west of the park but approximately how far? Also, I hear references to "The Hospital" but not sure how to ID it? Thanks.

·
I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!
1,428 Posts
72nd is Gordon Park. Exit Martin Luther King and it's right there. Edgewater is west off rt 2 just west of the Browns Stadium. The Hospitial is out of Wild wood just east, brown bldg. close to the water. Euclid General Hospital. Maybe about a half mile east of Wildwood.
DC

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
E 72nd is about 4-6 miles west of Wildwood, Edgewater is another 3-4 miles west. Edgewater is just about due south of the crib.

The Hospital is the big, hospital looking building on shore. Maybe ten stories high?

·
Registered
965 Posts
The Hospital is the big, hospital looking building on shore. Maybe ten stories high?[/QUOTE]

Steve, you would make a great school teacher LMAO

·
Registered
469 Posts
What depth and lure to get the dog?!? My beagle is gettin old!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts