Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished west of Edgwater (Goldcoast) Friday evening 9- 12:30. Three of us using 4-5 lines landed 13 walleye. We hit them in bunches. All were 19-22 inches. 1.8 - 2.1 speed on the GPS. We moved from 1/5 - 1/2 mile from shore. Not sure of depth (not in my boat), Caught majority of fish on Rapala X-rap hot steel (blue on top) and x-rap that is black on top. Also caught 3-4 on Husky jerk 12 black/chrome. In line boards were responsible for 6 of the fish and the other 7 were caught flat lining. Cranks were set at 40' (HJ) and 60' (X-rap) behind boards. Oddly enough most of the fish caught flat lining were only about 50 feet back.
Cavs win, Indians win, caught walleye - Life is wonderful!
Hope this helps - especially EZ bite as I see you are entertaining guests on Monday.
Gene

·
Registered
349 Posts
We did good as well. Didn't get our limit but went 12 for 15 or so. Pink Clown deepdown was the hot number for us last night. pulled 3-4 at 150 back, brought it up as the evening progressed and pulled another 3-4 at 100 then 75. Perch Huskies did good as did perch Swithwick Rogue. (larger size)

Another thing:

I experienced my first night of 'BOAT RAGE' last night. Way to crowded, going to stay close to home for a while. The K-MART cowboys were out in full force last night.
To the guy with no stern light..........Your an idiot!
To the guy with no lights on at all......Your a bigger idiot!
To the guys who cant speak English or know how to safely operate a boat....Your just as bad! Take a lesson!! Be safe, respect the lake and your surroundings!

I try to be courteous, friendly and helpfully (a Boy scout on the water) but I found myself having to cut others off because of people squeezing me. Great Times but I think I will wait for the fall bite when all those other guys put their boats away. wow, sorry had to vent.

·
PeerlessII Cleveland
439 Posts
You need to go a little bit earlier to avoid all the boat traffic. We started at 4:30 and finished before 9. Ended up with 14. We fished out in 40/42' all by ourselves. We were using deep HJ's and Renosky's off of boards 100-150 back and shallow off of the downriggers 50 back and 8' down. I also heard their starting to bite on spoons and harnesses. The day bite seems to be turning on.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fishin Musician - We saw a boat with no lights pulling lighted boards. Might be the same one you saw. Adjusted course for one fella and he readjusted right towards us and then screamed at us the move over. Guess it's part of the deal. Hopefully folks like that don't catch much and give up. Had a great time watching two fellas trying to tie up back at the ramps and then get their boat on the trailer. They were cussing at each other, etc. Very comical.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
The running lights and the right-of way rules are arranged so that if you see another boat's port (red) running light and there is no other rule to tell you what to do, you should give way ("stop"), while if you see green, you should maintain course and speed ("go"). Red means stop, green means go.

·
I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!
1,428 Posts
On Friday we went 11 for 16 or so. Better fish earlier and deeper like Peerless said. Renoski's Wonderbread, Perch and Rattlin Rouge orange w/red nose. (don't know the name). The best part of the night was getting "Mooned " by a very attractive young lady! No idea who she was or why she did it, but it was interesting! Hope the photos come out! How many boats had women on board may we can do some detective work and figure out who she was.
DC

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Dixie, you seeing mermaids out there again???

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't see any "moon" on the water and for sure none when I got home Friday! (Sat morning) Some guys have all the luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts