Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 8-12pm running FishCrazy's program.Caught 12 nice fish and called it a nite.Perch and Wonderbread Renosky.Best bite was 8:30 -9:30 in 41 feet of water.;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Donkey, do you know of a place in the cleveland area that carries a good selection of renosky's. I can't find any here in the alliance/canton area. Thought maybe the next time I come up to fish I could pick some up. I have a couple but can't remember where I got them. Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
we were out there also,took us till 11:30 to pull 2 tickets,finally got a fish ohio on last fish,29"+,9lb.6oz.DHJ 12's anywhere from 80-40 back,37-20 fow,B&S and clown.nice night on the lake,still marked good,not as good as last time though.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try Shines bait at east 55 in Cleveland.Call first to check on availability as they are going fast.I stopped there yesterday and bought half of what he had.He placed an order for more as I paid my bill.They really are a Kool lure for what they do and Shines has the best price in town.The owner is a fountain of local fishing reports and knowledge of where to fish in the Cleveland area.He is Good People.If he gets any Firetiger in buy 2 as they go fast and have been hot.:)

·
Banned
544 Posts
good to see u got em in the boats....the shore bite was pathetic last night.
Had four new friends out there. started off the big shoe on 72nd from 8-11pm....nuttin', then drove to Edgewater and nuttin' there.....actually i didn't see one eye caught from shore all night!!! hmmmm.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Good going on the catch!

Friday night, we fished Edgewater again. Day time everything worked, all Renoskys deep divers 50'-125' back. We hit the mother load in 32 fow, 9 out of 10 rods within 500 feet of trolling, one ended up being a sheaphead. Turned to go back on the spot but The Goodtimes cruising ship decided to go right over the area, by the time we got back on it all the fish were spooked. After dark we used the shallow diver Renoskys, 30' back, but later when we shortened the leads to 10' behind the board we boated 13 walleyes within 45 minutes. We thought we had 30 so we quit, but miscounted and had only 28.

I just checked the lake around 6:30pm, they are calling for 3' to 5' waves. The waves are 3' foot or less, I might end up going after all!

Tight Lines!

Fish-Crazy: Virgil

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
The earliest I ever got out this spring was 4:00 pm. So day bite would mean after 4:00 pm to dusk.

Tight Lines!

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am so glad you clarified that as I felt so bad going out early am and not catching fish.After 4pm is nite to me.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I am so glad you clarified that as I felt so bad going out early am and not catching fish.After 4pm is nite to me.
Next time you go out day time, try fishing in front of the stadium and eastward in around 40-45 fow.

Tight Lines!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sunday night fished Edgewater/Cleveland from 10:30pm to about 1:00 am. Boated our 12 and had another 6-7 pullbacks. Shallow divers 10' behind the board in 31 fow worked the best, 1.7 to 2.0 mph-GPS. Renosky Joe Pirates and Mirror Images. Also got some on the deep divers, flat lines 20' off the side of the boat, Joe Pirates Purple/Pink and Chartreuse. The guys casting off the rocks at Edgewater towards the beach end did real well also.

Tight Lines!

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will be out tonight and tomorrow in morning weather permitting.I will try both bits of advice .Thanks much!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts