Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Gander Mountain crew out this morning along with Mr. Mallard and Rattler. Started setting lines @ crib at 5:30am and pulled the 30th fish at 8:05. Made one troll N/E with the waves and then back to finish @ the crib. Depth was 49-55 FOW. Big dipsy's 3 1/2 @ 125-140.. 1 1/2 @ 90 and 0 @ 65-74. Dnrigger @ 35-41 w/ gold harnesses. Hot spoons were monkey puke silver leafs and stingers big and small,and bad dog.Talked to Dixie [email protected] dock and passed EZ-Bite on our way in. Weather gods were in our favor this morning!!!

Jake from Gander pulled his first 30 incher... Way to go!!

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
I'm glad we (Het and Me) decided to quit last evening and leave some uneducated walleye for you.:p ;) Seriously, that is what I would call a quick and quality catch. 5:30am?:( Too early for Old Farts like me.:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
That's great, we fished there yesteday and had a heck of a time getting 9. Tried everything in the box. Finally found a little pod of fish just barely north and west of the crib and everything came on OJ Simpson. Everyone else on the radio was complaining too. Nice evening out on the lake but the fishing was a little slow for us.

·
3,317 Posts
GOOD JOB STEVE, I was there yesterday also and got 3 tickets, 45' off the crib 3-1/2 at 125 2 @110 and 1-1/2 at 90 lg dips fished from 8-10 am bad boys money, bad boys credit, took the most watermelon and wonderbread when the sun came out. All large spoons. Gold was good as usual.

·
761 Posts
Way to go Steve! The weather gods scared me off this morning - looks like all the rain that was in the Sandusky area on the radar at 5am dried up before it got to Cleveland. If I can get off work Friday I'm going to hit it then.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Good job Steve and crew, went out of wildwood headed ne in front of the hospital started in 48ft. trolled to 60ft. and back scratched up 17 (03) class hooked a steelie for about 4 jumps and of he went watermelon spoons and harnessess with green worms took our fish. Wind was cool and 2to4 3to5 on the waves.

·
Registered
572 Posts
thats awesome - bet they appreciated that! - ive goose hunted a couple times with jake at our honey hole - good for him.

·
I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!
1,428 Posts
Good to see you Got One.
You guys had me doing a double take. E Z Bite's boat looks alot like your's (as you know & I didn't). We saw E Z Bite leave and I noticed the OGF sticker on his boat. Within ten minutes you pull up to the dock. I didn't realize it was you and thought it was the boat that just left. Then you start talking about a five man limit. I'm like man these guys are good!!!! We had a laugh over that.
We eneded up getting them about the same place you did.
DC

·
Registered
927 Posts
launched at 1:00, fished till 5:30. Caught 4 lost 2 at the boat. Started in 53 fow NE of the crib, moved to 57 fow NE of the crib , moved into 45 fow and fished to 48 fow. Our eyes came off monkey puke mostly. . No steelie hookups. I know probably worst time of the day to fish. Had to work in Morning and had to work today. Day late dollar short. I think alot of the fish may have moved deeper, or the weather just had them a little screwed up.
:T :D :T :D

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
We started north of crib yesterday at around 7AM in 51' and trolled NE/E . We fished four rods for 5 hours and boated 15 walleye and one steelie. Lost another trout that jumped and cut/broke the line. We had one hot rod that had large dipsey on 3 at 120. Used a large 3-1/2" red flutter spoon. It caught 1/2 of the fish. Caught others on a mix of Ole Pete's. Something with orange or red on it worked best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts