close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ebay

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Nov 27, 2004.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

just an observation. i dont ebay myself, but just out of curiosity went there to look at all the vexilar stuff for sale.

there is a lot of shady and old merchandise being sold on there. some of the sales pitches are misleading. be careful. the "raygun" fishfinder is a joke.

if you want to buy a vexilar make sure it is either a vex 18 or a vex 8SE (not just a vex 8 or vex 8 SLT)

unless you are sure that an 8 or 8 slt is good enough for you....bear in mind that the 8 and slt are not the same as the 8SE.

2. As a long time ebayer , buyer and seller , ebay is an excellent place to get ripped off. If any of you are ebay rookies make sure you read the complete listing. Go through the sellers feedback with a finetooth comb. Look for a seller that has a 98 % or better feedback rating. For a true education go to the discussion forums and read how some sellers justify charging outrageous shipping charges. A few years ago when a lot of sellers were average joes looking to clean out their garage or basement it seemed a lot more pleasant.
    I still use ebay quite a lot and anyone can and NOT get ripped off. Just remember the old caveat " If it sound too good to be true it usually is not. "
    On the positive side I trully believe that 95 % of the people that use ebay are honest and extemely easy to work with. The 5 % that abuse it are soon found out and they soon find it hard to get bids. The downside is that they change their user ID and start over. As a newcomer be wary of any new seller just for this reason. The ebay site itself is full of helpful hints. to all the
    first time users read a lot before you ever buy anything. I once met a guy in Wisconsin who invited me to his place ice fishing after he bought something of mine on Ebay. After we traded a few emails about ice fishing , I got invited to an excellent perch lake. ( Cannot say where sworn to secrecy ). Man what a trip , I still dream about that one. He and his wife were two of the nicest people I ever met.

3. I bought my 6" Lazer auger through ebay last year for about $25 less than what I could pick it up locally (and that included shipping!) Same with the pair of Mickey Mouse boots I got as well.

You definately need to read the entire post but if you look long enough, there are bargains to be found. Good thread to get the word out to everyone.

4. right on the money guys,you have to pay attention. i am amazed at some of the ridiculous prices people pay for things. they obviously don't compare prices. then they pay outrageous shipping fees on top of it. i too have gotten great deals. after ice out i got 2 fish trap scouts dirt cheap.