close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ebay equip.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by peple of the perch, Sep 18, 2005.

1. does anyone bye their fly tying equip. on ebay. do u get good deals on the stuff

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I bought my vise there. Just be careful to look at the shipping, because in a lot of cases that'll crush a good price.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Never bought fly items but I have bought lots of items from E-bay, and have sold lots there too. I bought my Ice hut and several ice fishing items also a vexlar, all were in great shape. As Shake said watch shipping. Discuss the shipping before you buy with the seller. Also don't go by what the "figure shipping here" says they are usually low. Also figure a little for packing as well. Remember the bubble wrap, and (good) boxes cost. I include this in my shipping cost. I've only had one complaint and he changed after I told him to contact UPS or The Mail and see what they say. Check the sellers feed back, if they are all good your usually OK. If they have none or a negitive feed back contact the person that left that and see why. E-Bay also offers a complaint area that will help you resolve a problem. I've never used it but hear they try to get things worked out.
    Again I've had great luck buying off e-bay.

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Yeah the latest trick some sellers are using is to offer the item for a rediclously low fee boosting the shipping charge to cover the rest of the cost of the item - this cuts down on the seller listing and sale fees. If you see these, report them immediately. We'll ALL have to pay for their profiting in the end if this goes unchecked/unchallenged.