close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Easy venison steaks

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by davycrockett, Apr 14, 2005.

1. davycrockett

davycrockett Fins Feathers Fur

Best one I've found for deer steaks.Here's the ingredients.

deer steaks
    onion
    seasonings
    Garlic Expressions

First, saute a chopped onion in a skillet with a Tbs of olive oil. While the onion is cooking I rinse the steaks. Then Cook steaks over med. heat until browned on both sides. I season the steaks while they are browning. Then pour approx. 1 Tbs Garlic Expressions over each steak.(you can find Garlic Expressions at Kroger in the produce dept.) Cover and let simmer for 5 min. to let everything mesh together. Enjoy! :)

Dave

2. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Sounds good Crocket. I do a little variation of that recipe. I take the "less desirable" cuts of venison steak, such as the round steaks, and put them in a crock pot with a quartered onion, some garlic, and whatever other seasonings are within reach, and a can of beef broth (or enough to cover the steaks), and set the crock on low for four or five hours. The meat literally falls apart, is very delicious, and goes great over noodles or a heaping plate of red skinned mashed potatos.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Crock Pot with venison and lipton beefy onion soup mix. Very simple and very good.

4. man is that good or what...