Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
fishing cabrewer
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow my bad for not fishing this lake from a boat before,

nice and clear small enuff to put around in, close to home,.

fished it today, son cought a nice cat on a spinner and some whites,

I got some smaller cats and a real nice bluegill.

will return to lake

·
Registered
98 Posts
We were out there for some early bank fishing Saturday. People already were fishing our favorite spots (guess I'll have to get there earlier next week), so we fished Blue Lake. All we caught were a bunch of small perch & bluegill, but there were some big ones jumping back there too.

·
Wishin I was Fishin!
299 Posts
I cant catch a bass from the blue hole to save my life...there are some mosters in there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would like to catch some keeper size perch, but if I caught a big ol LMB or cat by accident I wouldn't be too upset!

Even if I don't catch anything big enough to brag about, it sure beats work or housework and all the mom responsibilities I have to put up with the other 6 days of the week!

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Fish the blue hole at night with top water, you'll be surprised. Theres some eyes in there too. Biggest issue that people have with the blue hole is the water clairty. Night time and the far bank is the best.

·
Registered
438 Posts
With all the saugeye stocking for this place, I never hear any one catching many or of any size for that matter. So I figure Ill fix that by dragging some worm harness's in the morning LOL... Oh yea, anybody care to tell me where the humps are.I am sure I can find them with my fish finder but it would save me some time. If I recall there was depth changes straight out from the docks but it has been awhile.Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Byg, let us know if you caught any of those saugeye.

We were out from 6:30 - noon today. First off my dau-in-law caught a nice cat near the spillway, but nothing else was biting. We fished another spot on the west end of the big lake but no luck, so back to our spot at the blue hole. Caught a couple more perch I released in the pond here in town, and one little bluegill. At least we didn't get skunked, and I am hoping to get some perch established in the city pond since all they stock are gills and cats.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I got a late start,wanted to be there by 8:00am but it wasnt until about 11:30. I drifted some worm harness', trolled w/them, and trolled some cranks but nothing worked ..Caught a small channel ..Man, it was warm out there
Maybe better luck next time

·
Registered
98 Posts
They seem to bite early then it tapers off to nothing around noon, at least when bank fishing, so we try to be there by 6:30 a.m. We're going to try late evening later this week, and see if we can find a good time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is the Blue Hole you are speaking of the lagoon in the back?
Follow the road past the boat docks, when you get to the gravel road, Blue Lake will be on your left, the big lake on your right. Most of the time when the water level is up, they are connected. Usually we only seem to catch small perch and gills, but there are some big bass in there too, although I haven't found anything in my tackle box yet that interests them.

We were there last evening. It was really too windy to fish with a bobber, but we tried a while anyway. Had a few misses, but that's all. May try again tonight if the wind is settled down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm takeing my boys and wife out to eastwood today, never fished there before hope we catch something. We are going to fish the blue lake, i will let you guys know how we did later tonight.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are boats or canoes allowed in Blue Lake? I've always wondered about this, given the difficulty of fishing the far shore where all the most productive water seems to be.
Non-powered boats are allowed in Blue Lake.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts