Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well in the last couple weeks i've been pretty much disgusted with the rivers but i just HAD to get outta the house and fish..and Eastwood lake is only a few minutes away and the water is almost always clear..so i grabbed my gear, headed out and waded the shoreline in search of a few bass. The first cast i made i landed a nice 10" weed bass on a tube...a few casts later, another 10"er, this one had a lil' weight to it as you can see. The very next cast i landed my PB weedbass at about 23". I continued to fish for the next hour and landed around 50 or so weedbass. They really seemed to love the tube i was throwin. I know eastwood is known for these weedbass and they really seem to turn on around may and june and on through the summer..sometimes theyre so populated ya cant even troll a crankbait without landing them every few feet.

.....I miss the rivers

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Haha nice post!

The lake does get frustrating. I was there 3 times in 2 days last week and lost count on the weed bass.. managed 4 lmb though so it made it tolerable. I make it there often since it's close. Look for a blue and white Armada fish n ski boat and say hi next time you're there (well in about 1 week or so since it's acting up and getting repaired lol).

Sent from my ADR6350 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Justfishin...i will definitely keep an eye out for you and say hi sometime..When the rivers are CRAP(like they are now)...im very close to eastwood so i fish when i can, usually in the evening.. maybe we could chase the bass sometime...good luck gettin yer boat fixed.

·
Pirateer
2,009 Posts
Them weed bass are getting bigger every year at old east wood ain't they! Worst part about east wood short of the weekend/holiday traffic.

Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
340 Posts
9Left, Maybe once the rivers go back to normal we can meet up and fish em.. I used to fish the Auglaize constantly when I lived up that way and I've only fished rivers around here a handful of times in the last 5 years. Really miss the river smallies!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts