Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i e-mailed five rivers last week asking if they would be leaving the park open 24hrs on weekends again this year for fishing and got this response..... "Hi, I am Officer Zimmerman of the Ranger Division of Five Rivers
MetroParks, we did offer night fishing last year at 1401 Harshman, at
Eastwood Lake as a trial for keeping the parks open overnight, I am not
sure if we will be continuing that this year or not. The park itself
will be open till 2:00 in the morning for fisherman on Fridays and
Saturdays throughout the summer. If you like fishing at night you
might
want to try Martindale ponds at 250 Martindale Road, Englewood
MetroPark. This parking lot is always open to fisherman, and I am told
has some good size fish in it."....... as most of you know that have fished Eastwood for years that they used to be open year-round 24/7 until five rivers took over in '91. i as well as others were estatic to find out last year they were offering nightfishing again AT LEAST on the weekends. if you like to fish this lake at night like i do then i'd advise you to contact them and let them know at this site http://www.metroparks.org/_home/contactUs.aspx what i want to know is, why close a park on friday or saturday at 2am when you will be re-opening less than 4hrs later at dawn?:confused:

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
what i want to know is, why close a park on friday or saturday at 2am when you will be re-opening less than 4hrs later at dawn?:confused:
That would make no sense at all. I wonder how many "higher ups" & the kinds will be in on this decision. I can see it now, there will be a commitee formed, meeting will be made, meetings to review the last meeting, etc.... all to decide wheter or not to keep the park open for 4 hours. :p :confused:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW, i hear the Bass fishing is EXCELLENT there at night since the boat traffic is so bad during the day and since the water is crystal clear. also the Carp are HUGE in that lake, seen the biggest carp of my life there about 10 years ago, had to be 30lb!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
well then there's only 1 thing to do, everyone email metroparks everyday until they do. we more overnight fishing besides the west carrollton dam

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well then there's only 1 thing to do, everyone email metroparks everyday until they do. we more overnight fishing besides the west carrollton dam
yes we do! we are losing fishing areas around Dayton at an alarming rate, let alone places where you are allowed to fish after dark :mad:.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i fish martindale at night before and it isn't very good. i would love englewood dam to be open all night. eastwood isn't fishable in the day time cause of the boats and stuff.if you buy a fishing license you should fish when and where u want. lets start a petion on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts