Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rippin' Lips!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever catch Flatheads or Channels at the small pond or the lake in Eastwood?
Looks like there could be some monsters in there...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
there are cats in there...but as far as catfishing goes...OVER pressured is an understatement for eastwood! My best tip for you would be FRESHLY dead(or live) creek chubs. I think Salmonid has some experience with Ewood cats..maybe he'll chime in here and help out.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I usually fish EW several times a year ( early spring and late fall normally) before the weeds get too bad and after a lot of them die off. anyways the key is to keep moving on the big lake until you find them and also with the weeds, its hard to know where to throw without getting into them. Im always in a boat and generally fish around the center of the lake where its just deep enough the weeds don't grow, we catch a lot of dinks and some very nice fish as well several close to 10 lbs ( all channels) while I have caught flatheads from the lake, they are rare but do exist, if your lucky enough to catch one, please release them. Best advice is keep moving every 20-30 minutes and youll find them.

Salmonid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts