close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

eastwood lake report

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by catfishhunter1, May 3, 2004.

1. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

went to eastwood lake tonight for a couple hrs and managed to land 4 lm bass biggest was 2lbs and 1 crappie.

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Where is Eastwood? I was thinking you meant Eastfork at first.

3. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

Eastwood lake is the hydra bowl of dayton. Its located off Rt. 4 take the harsman exit if u wanna get to the lake.

4. mrfishohio

Okay, thanks, I used to live in Kettering, but hardly ever went there. Mostly we'd go to Spring Valley....CC wasn't built yet.
    Spring Valley was still a lake vs. a marsh. They had boat rentals, bait & snack shop, public camping close to the lake, off to the left of the road past the old restaurant just before the parking lot. I think part of the old water pump is still there. The lake had a big peninsula that ran diagonal out into it a good ways. It was about 15' deep, it eventually silted in and they drained it about 1968 (?) and dredged it out & removed the peninsula too. so much for the "good old days" ;)

5. mrfishohio

That gave me an idea, maybe I'll got there & take a photo essay of my childhood memories.