Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got an email back from the ranger,there is a meeting with the city to discuss this topic on may 7th and the ranger said its looking like there will be all night fishing at eastwood thursday- sunday very soon. no boats allowed on the water overnight.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
just got an email back from the ranger,there is a meeting with the city to discuss this topic on may 7th and the ranger said its looking like there will be all night fishing at eastwood thursday- sunday very soon. no boats allowed on the water overnight.
thanks for the update! kinda sux in a way, even though i bank-fish there at night i know lots of bass guys really done well out of their boats. last year they allowed boats but only at no-wake speed. no lake lice (jet-skiers) allowed either!

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Am I missing something? Why would boats not be allowed? I mean, lets think about it, bank people are more likely the ones that would be partying and stuff, right?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Am I missing something? Why would boats not be allowed? I mean, lets think about it, bank people are more likely the ones that would be partying and stuff, right?
its Five Rivers dude, need i say more?:D

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
think about it the moment they let boats on the water after dark the partiers will get in trouble with the law and then no more night fishing for the real fisherman

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Good news. Here is an email I just got:

-Eastwood Lake will be open all night (for fishing only) Thursday nights through Sunday nights starting this weekend and continuing through the end of September. At this time we are looking at the possibility of having Eastwood Lake stay open 24/7 during these months in 2008. There are several factors that play a part in these decisions and MetroParks would like to ensure that its visitors have an unsurpassed personal experience.
If you have any other questions about Eastwood MetroParks feel free to contact me directly or you can continue to use the metroparks.org.

Thank you and good luck fishing,

Donald S. Arndts
Assistant Park Manager HM/EW
937-277-4388
[email protected]

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is good news for me and my small club. We've fished a nighter there the past three years. Convenient and relatively safe for us and our parked vehicles.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Bill Duette

1 - 7 of 7 Posts