close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eastwood lake 6/19/08

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TomC, Jun 19, 2008.

1. I went to Eastwood Lake today with my uncle today. We were in search of bluegill and crappie. Found no crappie and only a few dencet bluegills on the bottom of 20ft deep water. We caught 20 channel cats all ranging from 1-3lbs. We didnt catch any bass. Guys trolling for crappie caught a few. Every one else in boats i talked to was not having much luck.

Cats were hitting shrimp and nightcraw around 50-100yrs out from the bank, on bottom and under bobber.

Bluegill have moved out, all the beds were empty and mass schools of small ones have moved in.

Water clear and felt like bath water.

2. Eastwood has been slow for me all last week.

3. SharkBait

SharkBait Ooh Ha Ha

I have never pulled anything good out of Eastwood. I know there be fishes there, they just never eat.

4. for me the bites are either really on or really off...no inbetweeners.

i have pulled out some good fish from there last year.
    i do plan on being out there tonight.

also will eastwood be open to night fishing anyday of the week soon? i know on weekends they are but i have a lot of down time now and would like to be even more familiarized with the area.

5. unfortunately they lock it up during the week, it took 13 years for them to finally come to their senses and re-open it 24hrs on the weekends. when i fish on "week-nights" i just park on the off ramp right at harshman and walk in.

6. I also fished Eastwood today for a few hours. Ended up with 4 small bass and a few nice crappie. Unfortunately I didnt start fishing till about noon so we had to deal with all the pleasure boats and there was alot of them.

7. SharkBait

SharkBait Ooh Ha Ha

I am making it my mission to pull fish out of there this year. It sounds like I missed my window of opportunity today.

8. i went there tonight from 11pm-2:30am

got 5 LMB 4 dinks and 1 decent bucketmouth. nothing worked but a white fatboy crankbait with blue top and bottom.

it was nice having the entire lake to myself and my friend. bugs were minimal and the carp were enjoying my company.

maybe will be back there sunday.

9. SharkBait

SharkBait Ooh Ha Ha

I got 2 walleye and 1 WB at CJB today.

10. I was there sat night....ended up with some LMB and some spotted bass...some kid walked home with a 21lb shovelhead.

bites were slow after the rain.

11. SharkBait

SharkBait Ooh Ha Ha

I didn't make it out today. Had to work on my Mother in law's house. :( But she did get me a $100 gift card to Gander Mtn. :)