close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eastside Halloween Report

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by archman, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Fished a river on the far east side today with Vkutsch. Played half a day of hooky from work (and the wife) and didn't expect great results considering it was the middle of the day. We ended up hooking about 20 between the two of us, and landing probably 15. All fish came on jig and maggots except for one on a plastic. Color didn't matter, but Victor did do quite well with his "special color". Tried eggs for a little bit with no takers. I was very impressed with the size. Not a single fish under 24.

Victor, post that pic if you'd like. For some reason I couldn't get it to work.

Muskie Jim, thanks for the advice today! Sorry about your phone call, I'll tell you about it when I call you back.

2. vkutsch

vkutsch You scratched my anchor!

Great day on the river. Overall, possibly my best ever. All fish were real solid and spunky, between 23-29 inches. Thanks to Joel, Bob and MuskieJim (for pointing Joel in the right direction).
    Only pic taken was first fish caught, by no means the nicest of them.[​IMG]

3. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Blah, Blah, Blah......Looks like I picked a good trip to "pass on"!!! Best trip ever....HAHA! Mabey next time! Good job guys!

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

wow.....landed 15 fish! your guys arms must be worn out. outstanding.

5. I wouldn't say it's the best day ever, but it was a good day for this early and fishing in the middle of the afternoon for a few hours. Here's the pic again, maybe it will show up bigger than the one Victor posted.

Attached Files:

6. vkutsch

vkutsch You scratched my anchor!

I said MAYBE MY BEST, all things considered. But of course, I wasn't on the river 100+ days for the last few years....;)

7. Very nice fish guys, I plan on doing a little fishing during the week, If any body wants to join just pm me. I do all my steelie fishing during the week alot less people on the water and my job lets me, I make the schedule.

8. Today was much slower. Fished with a buddy from Columbus and we only managed 4.