Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went perch fishing with the family again from 8:00 till 12;30.

Caught perch as fast as they could drop a minnow down, but not many big ones today at all. Only a few over 12" and only one fish O. Kept 36 around 10" . Threw back at least 100 in the 8-9" range.

The grandkids had a blast. They really enjoyed learning that a seagull can tell a gobie from a perch when you lift it from the water. When we would catch a gobie and lift it from the water they would fly from the water 30 ft away and hang right behind the boat just a few feet above our heads waiting on the gobie feast, catch a perch they wouldn't do a thing. we never did have a mid air catch but we came close.

great weekend.

Kim

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,506 Posts
Sounds like a great time with the grandkids Kim!
What a way to spend the day!

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was fun lewis.

What made it even better is that we never had one other perch fisherman within 2 miles of us all weekend. It's kindof nice to not be in a pack of boats, be able to scream and yell and act silly without everyone looking at you strange, you know the way everyone always looks at Shortdrift. :D

Kim

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Been there, done that with Shortdrift! LOL!!! :eek: :D

But, the good thing, if he's in his boat, and you're out with someone else, all you have to do is listen. If he's on fish, he'll let you know! And he doesn't even need a radio! ;)

Just pullin your chain Ron. :D

Where you getting the perch? Lorain still?

I feel a case of the "flu" coming on. I've scheduled the attack for this Thursday, if anyone is heading up to the lake and has a spot open in the boat.

Carl

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be up on Thursday, I don't know yet.

If I am I will be alone. I'll let you know on Tuesday.

Kim

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Could it be another "trim Tab" sighting??? :eek: :D

OK Kim.

Carl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts