Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with my friend on his friends boat.

Im going to attempt to write a good fishing report, so bear with me if something is written wrong and tell me so I can learn.

Started trolling around 7:30 in 45 FOW about 2-3 miles North of the Eastlake C.E.I Plant. The temp was 68.7-69.8 degrees and we were in 3-5 foot waves most of the day. It settled down a little and we had some 2-4's for a couple hours. The first fish we caught was a 8 Ib Steelhead. Then we caught 2 white bass and a sheephead. Then our first walleye of the day came on a Jet 40 80ft out with an Alien Stinger. We worked hard for our fish and ended up only catching 2 walleye in 3 hours with like 15 white bass, a couple perch, and another steelehead. We finally found the Walleye in 46-55 FOW on Jet 40s at 65ft back. The hot stingers of the day were Mrs. Wallies, Red stop Lights, and Blueberry Muffins. We fished until 4:00 and got 3 limits. Our speed was 1.7-2.1 mph.

We also snagged a Steelhead and boy did that thing run. Took out almost all of the line. We thought we really had a big fish on there. Faught it for 25 minutes and when we finally got it in, the hooks were all bent straight.

And as we were getting ready to call it quits when we were 1 fish short of our last limit, I looked at a pole and "Fish On!" We all thought it was a Steeleah because it was fighting like one and I faught it for a good 15 minutes. We werent too excited but then as it got closer, it swam to the top really quick and I seen it was a hog. I got the fish in and estimated it as a 8-9Iber. I was happy, my first big walleye. I dont know if you can tell by the pictures, but that thing was realllly fat.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice post and very nice hog. were you guys able to get that snagged steelie in w/out any tangles?
Yep, we reeled in the other rods because we thought it was a really big fish and didnt want it to get tangled.

Fishers of Men said:
Nice catch and report, where's the ice?
The whole thing was filled with ice, you just cant tell with the picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts