Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished 5 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. in 60-48 fow north of the stacks. Four hands on deck let me create a big spread with boards, dipseys and riggers. Hadn't run riggers for eyes before but glad I tried.

No real pattern. Picked at scattered pods in 52-56 fow. Ended up 6 for 7. Fish came on a variety of stuff but primarily about 30 ish feet down...two off riggers and spoons 32 feet down, one on a deep rr ripper, two on lil rr rippers, one on a dipsey/spoon 35 feet down, one on a jet 30 with spoon. All different colors on the plugs/spoons.

Good eaters all nothing huge, 20"-24". 60 fow seemed a little bare on the sonar, as did anything less than 50 fow. Heard some chatter about 42 fow but didn't fish that range.

Lake set down real nice (too nice!) and the sunset was spectacular.

No mayflies to speak of.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ReelPower I was in the same general area last night as well. Started in 55 fow and trolled north to 60ft. Nothing.

Trolled West in 60ft and around 8pm ran into a small pod of fish. Landed (3) lost (1) by the boat. I was alone so it was a little tough running the boat and landing fish at the same time. I was using twin willow harnesses on Jet 40's, one orange (75 ft back) and the other pink (100 ft back), both caught fish. Nice fish, an 8, 6.5 and 4.5.

Saw a few other boats in the area, one other boat inside of me which could have been you, and two out a little deeper.

On the way back to the lagoons I did run through some nice marks in the 42ft area. Sunset was beautiful. I hope to get back out Sunday.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
42 Net do you have what looked to be a 26' sea ray? I was trolling south towards the stacks at dusk and was running parallel with a boat with two rods out. Saw what looked to be a couple charters out around 60 fow.

We pulled lines in about 45 fow.

See any bait balls out at 60 fow? Sounds like the bigger fish were out there.

BTW no steelies yet that I know of off eastlake. I was hoping to pop one on the riggers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts