close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eastfork lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by truck, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Anybody been there latley and know what the water temps are?Getting close to crappie time ;)

2. Its crappie time at eastfork,Live across street.Seen some nice crappie last few weeks.

3. Thanks Fshnerie,guess i will be crappie fishing this weekend :)

4. This past weekend water temps were 46 deg,crappie where not grouped together at all.Ended up with 9 keepers,caught about 30 during the day ;)

5. 131 keeper crappies in 2 days here on eastfork between 3 guys smallest kept was 9 inches. Probally caught 150 bluegills in 2 days ( none were keepers ) and at least 100 throw back crappies. Most keeper crappies were blacks, very few whites.

6. Were you out this past weekend?

7. Yea I was out on saturday when we coolered 78 and the same friend I went with, was on the lake friday with another friend of ours ( I had to work ) and they coolered 53 or 57 something like that.

8. CamdenGizzard

CamdenGizzard Elroderator

Would it be worth me for me driving 70 miles. Long haul. I was maybe commin up this weekend

9. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

no wonder the crappie fishin gets worse there every year.

10. Fishyguy,I've lived across street from eastfork for 16 years and I can say ,When I talk to people all they do is take,take,take..I catch and release crappie,I don't care for them. Lake Erie Yellow pearch for me.

11. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

10 years ago i could go up there and catch 20 to 30 crappie in an evening afetr work. And most of them would be real close to 12 inches and many were close to 14 inches. Now I am lucky to catch 5 crappie and if they are 6 inches long i have a heart attack.

12. Maybe its time to revise some old methods ? Im not arguing with anyone here or trying to flare up anyones tempers. We all have opinions and were all entitled to them. I must say for my own defense though, that that saturday was the first time I had EVER fished Eastfork and had no problem catching fish. Now if someone who has been fishing the same lake for ten years cant seem to catch a nice mess of crappie when he goes out has problems with someone who has never fished the lake before in his life and coolers an X ammount of fish...... I dont think the problem is who keeps what or how many. Water structures change, the fish's habitats change, food forage changes, spawning areas change, and not to mention the new stocking program of the hybrid stripped bass which is a particulary aggressive eater.

Maybe there are just a few minor adjustments you need to make in your arsenal or in the way you go at locating crappies. Since I have subscribed to Crappie magazine and paid close attention to other articles in other various magazines, I dont seem to have much trouble locating & catching crappies. A simple glance at a detailed lake map before a fishing trip can be extremly helpfull if you know what to look for and know how to read it.

Let me know what you think, i'd be more than welcome to give you any advice that I have acquired recently if you wish, but then again this small entry may have pissed you off and you wont have anything to say LOL pr at least nothing good to say about it.

zpyles_00

13. zpyles..No problem here,Keep all you want.As far as it being a "" New stocking program,Hybrid strippers"" , Eastfork was stocked with them shortly after it was completed in 1978.
    If you saw all the crap flowing out of the outhouses this past flood,You'd throw them back too...

14. catking

catking Banned

Did you happen to see the OGF'S business cards on the Boars Head bullentin board ??? I stop by every other week to load some more , and they are always gone.... Just wondering......... THE CATKING !!!

15. my bad, I was told that they had just rescently started stocking them. like I said only fished it once, still have alot to learn about the lake myself.

16. Catking,I live on south side of lake.Go to pay lake for bait.Only been to Boars head a few times.Guess I'm fishing Eastfork this weekend,No one wants to hit the Big lake.

17. CGizzard where you driving up from?