close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eastfork Lake Warning

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishyguy, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Hey guys, someone at work told me that he heard somewhere that Eastfork Lake and many other lakes in the area are having an E-coli bacteria problem from the heat and that you should not be in the water. Is this true? My cousin is coming down from Columbus this weekend and he wants to ski and tube. Just curious if anyone has heard this too, or is it a stupid rumor? Thanks

2. catking

catking Banned

Hey Lee- This happens quite often at East Fork when the dog days start. They close the beaches almost every late July/ early August. I know this area well, and I for one would not swim there this time of year ;) Contrary to what some think, septic systems play a part, but the biggest problem is the geese ;) The water just doesn't move right now, and becomes a bacteria layden playround.. THE CATKING !!!

3. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Where would you recommend to take him skiing Rick. Thanks

4. catking

catking Banned

How about Paint Creek ??? It's a little farther, but nice. Hey, East Fork might be fine right now, maybe call the ODNR ??? CATKING :)

5. If you want to take your chances, you can try CC.
    You will be accompanied by 1000's of other "rushed and frantic" jet skiers and pleasure boaters. :D