close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

East trout fishing

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by DanAdelman, Oct 1, 2008.

1. DanAdelman

DanAdelman getting jigging with it

I know there are some fishing opportunities in NY for steelhead, browns and salmon but was hoping someone could help me out... I am looking for information or direction to some information on the subject...
    I have a 14 foot boat with a 9.9 motor plus troll...
    also waders...
    I am willing to drive up to six hours and can commit 2 days 300 dollars...
    what are my options...

Any information is greatly appreciated...

2. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

18 mile creek in Olcott NY about 4 1/2 hours from Cleveland or so, any river or tributary in NY will be holding salmon, some steelies and browns will be near as well. Or you could take a guide for 300 bucks and fish for salmon in the Niagra river...If I where you..take the guide and have a blast. Although I'm fully equiped to fish the river it can be tricky and wouldn't do it without a guide so I'm taking a guide during the winter for lake trout and steelies in the midst of winter.

http://www.olcottfishing.com check here for some information on the bite and where I read they are catching kings of the peirs with little cleo's right now, very early and very late in the day, you can stay at Harbor resort right across the street within walking distance for about 50 a night. If it's calm enough you can fish out on the lake and have a shot at a 30 pounder.

PM me I got more info but don't feel like typing it all up LOL