Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out last nite (6/8). Found a few eyes in close around dusk in 18-20' of water between Winton Place and Perkins Beach. Trolled Deep Jr. Thundersticks in chartreuse back/white belly off in-line boards 'til well after dark. Some just eaters (17"), one 26". Big one hit after dark. Nice evening to get a few. If I had come in close a bit earlier I suspect I would have had a few more in the box. Worked deeper (35') for a couple hours with stingers/dipseys with no luck. 8:30 p.m. started working in close... that's when I found 'em.
eyeangler1

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Were you in close enough where you think shore anglers could have gotten a few?

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,457 Posts
Actually Yes you would want to go to lakewood park I believe there is a walkway coming down a big hill and there is a whole area of flat concrete where you can stand and walk around, I caught that fish iin that other post in 15 foot of water no further than 50 yards from shore so if they where there they should be within casting distance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Isn't the area down the hill from Lakewood park off-limits to fisherman? Last time I was down there (a few years ago), that area was closed.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While trollin' around I noticed a few guys standing on piers east of the gold coast. I don't know if it's public access but I would assume it's around the Perkins Beach area. It's been years since I've been to perkins on land so I don't know for sure.
I didn't notice anyone on the concrete at Lakewood Park. I would think that casting rattle traps and hot n tots would work around dusk and beyond. One thing's for sure, you won't know 'til you try. Make sure your baits have a rattle in 'em. I haven't had luck with harnesses after dark... only baits that make some noise. Hope you find access. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Eyeangler1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts