close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

East fork

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by carxman17, Sep 3, 2007.

1. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

I was told today by a somewhat reliable source that efl & rocky fork were closed due to low water. can anyone confirm?????

2. never heard of odnr closing a lake due to low water. My uncles went fishing there today. They said they put in at the ramp near the dam.

3. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

That was kind of what I thought. I know the boars head ramp was closed. Did they do any good?????? my source said it was so low trailers were going off the end of the ramps? thought that was kind of fishy. I have heard in the past the dam ramp goes out pretty far...

4. East fork lake is open but is VERY low. The ramp at boars head is closed due to low water. We were out there for 9 hours and nothing worth talking about. We were going to rocky fork but due to a late start we went to East Fork instead. The lake is so low I didn't even recognize it when we got there. We went in at the campground ramp and the guy at the shack said yes it is open but enter at your own risk and I didn't know how to take that at first but after I seen the lake I understand. But all in all it is open. I was there.

5. said they caught several spotted bass and a few largemouth.

6. Was at both of these lakes today! Rocky fork is down somewhat but nothing like East Fork. I went to Rocky Fork just to take a drive with the wife. There were boats out on Rocky Fork and went to several marinas and nothing was closed, saw many people coming or leaving from docks. Went fishing at East Fork last night. Got there after dark and fished until 10. Took 2 Izzy's with me for bait. Got snagged and lost my first set up including bait but on my second line, got a nice channel cat, prob about 6 #'s was looking for a nice flattie though.(fishing from bank) If any of you are ever there and see a couple of blue lighted poles then chances are it is me. I don't tell people the exact location of where I fish but it is a very popular area of the lake from the bank! In between going to these lakes went and saw Serpent Mound Park out of Peebles. Always knew it was there but never been in person. What a cool place to go! Plus the Ohio Brush creek is right there as well! Going to try to fish that creek again as I know there are some nice smallies in there. Tight lines all!

7. catking

catking Banned

When they started to take water from this lake for public water usage(drinking) it was only a matter of time before something like this takes shape. I've fished this lake since it opened and this is the first year ramps were closed due to low waterthat I remember. They didn't figure droughts would have an effect on the lake...??? They have to let water flow from the damn at ALL times for obvious reasons (eco system) but they also have to take water from the lake for public usage as they have many areas counting on the water from the lake. They better pray for rain...the area that feeds this lake is much more below average rain fall than say Cincinnati. I live up stream from the lake and we have had littel rain since May, even though some surrounding areas were getting their fair share of storms...... THE CATKING !!! :)