close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

east fork

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by carxman17, Aug 25, 2007.

1. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

hey I'm planning to fish east fork sun morn. anyone fished there lately plan on crappie fishing. any rec. on where they are right now?????:confused:

2. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

ramp by Boars head is closed due to low water. The lake is way down.

3. How'd ya do? I was there last week moved around a bit but only caught dinks . Fished 6'-10' deep in 8'-20' of water. Most came from under 15 FOW. Two weeks ago I caught some pretty nice fish in the same places,

I was wondering if that ramp was closed. I guess they're letting folks use the campers ramp. Last Sunday the campers ramp looked awful busy to just be capmers.

4. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

I probably caught 50 eight inch crappie. No size. They did say they are letting people use the campers ramp for certain types of boats. Whatever that means.

5. carxman17

the Boarshead ramp is closed. we got to the boarshead at 5:40 am he was not open so we went to sherry's by the dam then put in off of 125. the ramp at boarshead is still closed. We didnt do very well caught about 8. mostly small also caught 2 small largemouth 10'' or so. lake is down lower than I ever saw it. good thing was I saw some nice structure that I didn't know was there. I am mainly like to fish stucture I can see. close to the bank. not very good finding them deep. Probably why I don't do very good in summer for crappie. Well had good time anyway. I't was a nice cool morn.....:D

6. carxman17

hey, where did you catch all those crappie. Love to find that many at efl in the middle of summer. I've caught that many before but that was in the spring?????

7. I'm going to try and get there this weekend for a few hours. Maybe Saturday morning. I'd like to cruise around a bit and see what the lake "looks" like. It will be a rare opertunity to see what's normally underwater. The fish are there but they've long left their spring patterns. Good luck to all. CD

8. Yeah she's way down! Been having some good luck though fishing from the bank......been catching bait out of the EFLMR close to where I live and taking them to the lake to catch cats with....got some decent flatties out of there but none over 20lbs yet but I here they are in there! Tight lines all!

9. what are you getting those cats on also where and what presentation aka bottom or a float

i have fished for flat heads there but never any luck! any help will be good.

10. Alright I can't give away all my secrets but I am fishing from the bank in a very well known area....Lake is down pretty far right now and you can walk mostly all of the bank without getting your feet wet, though I don't mind wading at all either. I am using a very good sized rod and reel and casting with a 12-14" pole float with the light sticks in them (lighthouse bobbers) or on top.....fishing in a very shallow area but sometimes try to throw that thing way out! With this rig it is usually fished 3-5 feet deep. On another pole I either deadline or use a float where it is real shallow without the straw and everything else. Hoping to get in to some stiper too but haven't pulled one up this year in the lake, just in the river. I don't have a boat and I usually fish just a couple different spots, but like I said, the water where I fish is real shallow. Since I live close by it is nice to get out there some nights and just see what happens if you know what I mean...even if I don't catch a fish, I am still outdoors and the setting is pretty nice. Last week a friend of mine pulled up a 13# flat out of the EFLMR and I was told by a guy about 4 years ago that the biggest flat he had heard come out of that river was a 37# caught by his wife. This was in a stretch between 222 and milford. Don't know if that story holds too much water but it is possible. Anyway I use bluegill mostly........just a word of caution though.....beware of the mighty skunk! I don't mean not catching anything either....A lot of people are talking about seeing a lot of crayfish and snakes this year but I have seen a ton of skunks particularly in the areas I am fishing at east fork! Have had several nose right on by me, I don't do anything to make em mad though....thank God I haven't had my dogs with me in any of those instances where I did see them. They are well behaved but I know they would go after one if they saw it! Good fishing to all!

11. East fork lake is open but is VERY low. The ramp at boars head is closed due to low water. We were out there for 9 hours and nothing worth talking about. We were going to rocky fork but due to a late start we went to East Fork instead. The lake is so low I didn't even recognize it when we got there. We went in at the campground ramp and the guy at the shack said yes it is open but enter at your own risk and I didn't know how to take that at first but after I seen the lake I understand. But all in all it is open. I was there.