close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

East Fork???

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by riverrat66, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Hey all, just a quick question on East Fork.
    What the bass population like and hows the late winter,
    early spring fishing? any smallies or spotted bass?
    I've got an invite to come down and fish that lake with a
    bud this spring a just starting to plan something out.
    Come on ice out. :D :D
    thanks to all.

2. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

59 views and nobody knows anything!!!!!!!!

3. ..going to see it for the first time today! I just moved here doing laundry, and I'm going to check out the spillway with the fly rod if its fishable! If I get any reel good information I'll pass it on!

4. catking

catking Banned

I fish this lake alot. It has a population of LM bass, spotted and smallies. The smallies are hard to find , the spots are throughout the lake and run small , and the LM bass are scattered. Not a good bass lake all around ;) Yes, there are times when you will get some nice ones , but for the most part, this lake needs more to be desired as a bass fishin lake. It's constant flooding probably has alot to do with it . My brother has caught LM up to 5 pounds in this lake, and it does give up a trophy once in awhile ( over 6 pounds) We have caught our share of smallies but they are difficult to locate... I live 10 minutes from this lake, and keep a close eye on it..... CATKING

5. I think the best thing East Fork has to offer (black bass-wise) is the spotted bass population. If you are really looking for an Ohio lake to catch spots in, East Fork is a good choice. Like CatKing said, they tend to be 8-12" but there are bigger ones in there ;). You can find good schools of spots in the coves in the spring and catch one about every cast if you're there at the right time.

Steve

6. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Spots?????
    Cool I will have to try that lake myself. :D

7. One of the biggest problems with this lake in late spring throughout fall is the over abundant amount of shad that roam the lake. Some evenings it appears as though you can walk across them. In turn makes it a h@#$ of alot more difficult.

Good luck to all this season!

Cincyjet

8. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

I usually fish East Fork for the hybrid striped bass. Spring and fall are usually good times and you can often find them in the creeks/rivers off of the lake but they also hold deep in the colder months. I am not sure when they start hitting, but I am sure someone will post something here when they do.

It wasn't mentioned in the original post's species list, but the crappie are not too bad there either. However, somone else from the group will have to fill in the information, because it has been a while since I have been there crappie fishing. Although, I've stumbled on a few nice ones while striper fishing and bass fishing ;)

You can also call the Boar's Head which is near the lake. They will probably know what is hitting at any given time. I don't have the number handy, but they are near the campground entrance to the lake.

9. catking

catking Banned

Now thats a diffrent animal :D This is an excellent crappie lake. The Boars Head holds tourneys on this lake and the guys do quite well at times. The cattin is also pretty darn good........... CATKING