Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got me 6 nice crappie fishing from the shore Friday. Had the lake to myself.Not a soul there. 5 at 10 inches and 1 at 12 inches.The fall feed is on.

·
Not bothered about it
777 Posts
Were you near the boat launch or the dam?
Or the Harsha Dam outlet into the LMR?

If you don't mind me asking...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hit East Fork on Tuesday, October 4th. Lots of boats. Gorgeous day!!!

Caught a couple of white bass off of the beach while the fog was still lifting. Lots of surface activitiy - mostly carp jumping, some bass busting up on the shad schools that are in abundance there right now.
No additional fish. Surprising because we were using Kalin Grubs which usually produce there.

Worked hard until about 1pm when we pulled the boat and drove down to the tailwaters. Threw roostertails for about an hour, again :S so headed home.

Great day on the water, but it would have been nice to catch a few fish. I don't profess to be an expert at fishing Harsha BUT this is the first time that we failed to put some crappie or small largemouth in the boat.

Back to the Ohio River for the rest of the week!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I fished Tues pm. Fished up in the river area, skunked. Looked like it was turning over. Moved to mid lake area and caught 10 crappie, 4 keepers around 11". Water temps were 65-68 degrees.
S...L...O...W!!!!
Bassky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts