Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New to this site, what a great site! I'm going to east fork tomorrow afternoon/evening and would like to fry up some bluegill tomorrow night. Anyone have techniques / spots where I can find them quick and easy? Thanks so much.

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,614 Posts
There is a lot of wood in the lake. I would just find a nice cove with some wood in it and fish a wax worm under a bobber. Small jigs would work well. There are also a lot of crappie in the lake and a minnow under a bobber or the jigs would work well also.

·
Team Bowman/Sayres
477 Posts
never really fished for them there, but managed to catch more than we would like while fishing crappie tournaments there. If it were me, id target standing timber(lots of that on the lake), use something small, 1/32 or smaller and fish timber in 3-15 feet deep. Normally around the shallow stuff(3-6 feet of water) was where we would catch the most. Havent caught any hog bluegills there, but good eating size about everywhere. Might try a little deeper now, its been a few weeks since we were there last. wax worms or crappie nibbles should work great on a small jig or hook. Fish close to the timber, i mean real close.

HB:G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts