close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

East Fork report 5-27 & 5-28

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by supersize, May 28, 2004.

1. Fished EF the last two days. Thursday, we spent equal time trolling for stripers (shut-out) and crappie fishing. We caught about 40 crappie between the hours of 4-7:00, but only got 6 keepers. Spent today trolling for stripers (shut-out again) but only caught 3 crappie, all mini's.

I don't know if our crappie success yesterday was because we fished right ahead of that weather front, but the same places today yielded almost no fish. One thing, however, the lake was high yesterday due to all the rain, but even 2-3' higher today, so that may have had an effect.

The lack of success trolling for stripers was disappointing as we marked fish in some usual hot spots, but never even had a hit. I did see a guy catching stripers on live shad when we first arrived, but he left around the time we showed up. I wasn't sure, but it looked like his stringer had 5+ fish on it, all real good size. Isn't the limit four? Oh well, I hope I just mis-counted.