close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

East Fork Lake Topo

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cincinnatibassmaster, Apr 15, 2004.

1. cincinnatibassmaster

cincinnatibassmaster Get The Net!!!

I am looking for a map of east fork lake other than hot spots.
    if anybody can tell me where to find one that would be great.

Thanks Rob

2. Hey guys, are those gps coordinates very accurate from the espn site? or do you know, and on east fork, which one is the east fork river, the one in the top northeast corner? thanks talk to you soon, Josh

3. TO be honest I have no idea how accurate they are. I will let you know though because I marked a few and will test them when I am there today.

The river comes in in the NE corner.

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Great link, thanks !

5. Thanks man, i appreciate you telling me how accurate they are, me and my dad are going to go try to catch some hybrids next weekend i think. i may use some of those coordinates to find my way to the river. hopefully the hybrids will be up there. Ive never fished the lake before. so if you have any tips i would appreciate them. So you say the east fork river is the one on the north east side of the lake huh? There are so many little cuts and small river i didnt know which one it was. but ill head east as far as i can go on the lake, then north and that will lead me to it hopefully, You know anything about the hybrid fishing there and if that river is a good spot this time of the year? Thanks for the info, Josh
    I practice Catch and release

6. The coordinates are pretty darn close. We checked a few spots and they were within 20 feet (of course your cursor on the map is probably 5' across LOL) with a good GPS.

I don't know jack about the hybrids. At least I never seem to catch any. If you know where the campground beach is then you know where the river is. Just right of the beach.

7. catking

catking Banned

The mud flats to the left of the campers beach is probably the #1 spot in the fall. As far as now,the river to the right. CATKING.

8. hey catking, do you know if the hybrids are hitting shallow in the river right now, or are they still deep. and also, when im out there what lures would you throw, and any tips for fishing for the hybrids, this is my first time fishing for them. A guy got me excited about them last year when he was telling me about his fish stories there and how many of the hybrids he caught at east fork. So i figure im going to check it out this weekend if it doesnt mud up to bad. I hope it doesnt. Thanks, Josh

9. catking

catking Banned

Hey Jooak9- They should be up in the river right now. The lures I see most people throw at them is sara spooks and large white bucktail jigs with a white twister tail. A red head on the jig also works pretty darn good. Shallow shad raps seem to work also ;) If you don't find them, DO NOT forget the fall bite on the mud flats ;) This is a must !! Oh yea, chicken livers on the bottom also seem to catch a few :D I kid you not. I know one guy who caught over 50 in a day using livers. CATKING

10. CatKing, hey do you ever see guys throwing rattle traps, that was what i was thinking about throwing, think they will do any good? Also think that river will get to muddy to do any good for this weekend, isnt it better when the water is clear? Or should i still be able to catch them. Ok, talk to you later, thanks Josh

11. I was at EF fishing from the bank last Wednesday by the dam. I was taking my three year old son fishing for the first time and figured on getting into some bluegills and crappie in the corner where the bank switches from dirt to rocks. I didn't take anything with me to fish for stripers, which I knew would haunt me. I watched a few guys in the far corner toward the tower pull in stripers till they got tired of catching them. One of them came out with a log thrown across his back with two giant stringers of keeper stripers, one to each end of the log. They caught them on soft plastic shad imitations on jigs. All in about 30 minutes before dark. You could watch the top of the water as the shad moved into the corner, it exploded, and that's when they got on 'em. I should've known to take at least one striper set up with me. But watching my boy's face light up as he reeled in his first fish was worth the missed oppurtunity :D By the way, catking is definitely not kidding about the chicken liver. I never go striper fishing without at least one tub. Most days, lures and or shad are best, but for some reason, there are days where they just want the liver. I fish it deadline with as little weight as possible. They hit it on the fall a lot, so I try to make it fall as slow as possible, while still being able to cast it.

12. catking

catking Banned

Rattle traps I would think should work. Livers work when the lake is full and muddy. I know most guys won't try the livers if they are bass men that throw artificials, but if you are in a boat, like Slabslayer said, take a tub with you. Zoom makes a great plactic Shad bait ;) CATKING.