close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

East Fork lake hybrids Saturday night

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mean Morone, May 2, 2004.

1. Went fishing with my buddy Lunkerhuntin Saturday, and of course it started sprinkling just as we got to the boat ramp. We fished over by the beach without any luck, then went to Grandaddy cove and didn't get a bite. We were thinking of calling it quits because of the ominous looking clouds building up behind us. We decided to put the top up and do some trolling. Just in time. It started pouring rain. Didn't let up for good whlle. I hooked up first on what I thought was a stick, or maybe a plastic bottle or something. Turned out to be a nice crappie (I guess the excitement over crappie fishing isn't because of their fighting ability) . We hit a school of hybrids, and I caught a small one, then Lunkerhuntin got one. We trolled in a big circle and got hit everytime we went through them. I got two nice 2 1/2 to 3 LB hybrids, the others were small. Fun on ultra lite tackle though. We did some plugging after dark without any luck. Called it quits about 11:30 pm. Got wet, caught fish, and had some fun.

2. catking

catking Banned

That aint half bad MEAN ;) Glad you guys found some of these critters. DA KING !!! :)

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

;) Just doesn't get any better than that ! crappy weather, good fishing and good friendship. Got to love it man.